*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1459503-10-Commandments-For-Men
by Donté
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Opinion · #1459503
A guide that I've written for men to treat women with respect
This essay is dedicated to you, the male. It is my deepest wish that the 10 commandments that I am about to lay out for you will be followed and obeyed. It is my hope that you will come to have a greater understanding of the rules and regulations that are needed in order treat women with class and respect. I have taken it upon myself to offer you guidance and direction since you, the male, seem to be lost and confused.


COMMANDMENT 1: THOU SHALL TREAT WOMEN WITH HONOR AND RESPECT: Young foolish male, you have for far to long been lacking respect for the female species. Understand this you young fool, EVERY WOMAN IS NOT A WHORE!, so you may want to learn to approach women in a more...what's the word...RESPECTFUL! manner.

COMMANDMENT 2: THOU SHALL KEEP THY PENIS IN THY PANTS: Oh young foolish one, your most "prized possession", your penis, has gotten you into worlds of trouble. Because of your constant misuse of this God-given bodily organ (and obsession with instant gratification) you find yourselves the father of countless children, or the victim of an unfortunate rash, itch, or burning sensation. I think it's called...uh...oh yeah, an STD!!!. Keep your penis locked away until you're with the one you TRULY Love. Better yet, keep it locked away until you're Married. Use your wee-wee for purposes of Love, not lust (and of course use it when nature calls).

COMMANDMENT 3:THOU SHALL WANT A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP: My dear fellow male, the word "commitment" is your Achilles heel. This word terrifies you. It haunts you. You fear the concept of commitment because you don't want to be a so-called "slave" to the "one woman" rule. You don't want to be "tied down". Open your weary eyes young punk!, you need to embrace a committed relationship. Learn that settling down is not a death sentence. Being committed is a Virtue, not a vice.

COMMANDMENT 4: THOU SHALL BE FAITHFUL: Understand this you young bucks, it's time to turn in your "pimp" and "playa" cards and pick up the exclusive Faithful card. Become a full flegded member of the Faithful Men's Club. Membership is free. You may get cheap thrills from sneaking behind your woman's back, but sooner or later you will get caught. Your lies will come to pass. You young ignorant fool, I want you to listen closely, the REAL thrill will come from being Faithful to your woman. This means no "groupies", "fans", or "sideline ho's". This means putting your foot down and letting your so-called "fans" know that you are with one woman and one woman only, and that she is the only lady who matters to you. This means having the self-discipline to think with your brain instead of the sex organ in your pants.It means not succumbing to your lustful desires. It also means not making lame excuses for your infidelity. My personal favorite is "I'm just being a man". Yeah, sure. That line is going to go over real well with your girlfriend/Wife when she catches you with your pants down doing the nasty with one of your crazed "fans", looking like a damn fool! "I'm sorry baby, I was just being a man". Please! She should slap the taste out of your mouth and tell you that you're nothing more than a stain in her drawers.

COMMANDMENT 5: THOU SHALL KEEP THY HANDS TO THYSELF: You, the young coward who can't keep your abusive hands off women, I want you to listen VERY VERY CAREFULLY!! KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!! Comprende? This commandment should be self-explanatory, but I've come to the conclusion that some of you thick-headed boneheads may not be getting this memo. If you want to release pent up anger buy a punching bag. Become a boxer. Perhaps a UFC fighter. At least you'll be fighting and punching on other men. But of course you wouldn't do that would you? You my cowardly friend enjoy hitting defenseless women to much. Perhaps hiring a psychiatrist will help you overcome your anger issues. There's always God. But whatever you do, KEEP YOUR CRUMMY, FILTHY HANDS TO YOURSELF! Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is it okay to abuse a woman. EVER! You understand that "cuz"?

COMMANDMENT 6: THOU SHALL TAKE CARE OF THY CHILDREN: Boy oh boy, where do I begin with this one? Out of all the Commandments I have laid out thus far, this is perhaps the one that is most broken. Listen up you ignorant sperm donors, if you have the guts to impregnate, then the least you can do is help raise and provide for the little bundle of joy you help bring into the world. Is that too much to ask for? You see, it doesn't take a man to knock a girl up. Any low life buffoon can do that. But it takes a man of character to help provide for his child. Not only should you provide for your child, but you should take care of your woman as well. So, listen up young foolish ones, if you want the title of "Father" instead of the title of "sperm donor" then I suggest you MAN UP and be more responsible and handle your responsibilities.

COMMANDMENT 7: THOU SHALL BE GOOD LISTENERS: Clean out the wax in your ears young fool and LISTEN UP! Believe it or not young buck, but the world does not revolve around you. Other people matter to, so it would be helpful if you took out the time to actually listen to your woman. This means being attentive and paying attention to her concerns. This means not dominating a conversation. It also means not letting your small attention span wander off while she's trying to talk to you. Perhaps you didn't know this, but people like to feel like they're being listened to when they speak. Quite frankly, it's rude to have your attention focused elsewhere when someone is talking to you. Now listen young foolish male, if you happen to suffer from A.D.D., then it would be helpful for you to pop a couple of Ritalin capsules before every conversation.

COMMANDMENT 8: THOU SHALL STOP MAKING SEXUAL ADVANCES: My dear young unenlightened brother, as I mentioned in a previous Commandment, every woman is not a bimbo, so it would be wise of you to stop making sexual advances to every woman you see. I'm sure it must be very annoying (not to mention uncomfortable) for a woman to have "men" constantly in her face 24/7 (bad breath and all) asking her if she performs certain sexual favors. The only favor she should give you is a sharp kick downstairs. Then after that maybe you'll get some sense into that thick headed perverted skull of yours.

COMMANDMENT 9: THOU SHALL BE HUMBLE: This Commandment is for you...Mr. "Rico Suavé", Mr. "I'm God's gift to women because I look good and have a six pack with bulging muscles". Mr. "I have stacks of money and a dope car". NEWS FLASH SONNY BOY!...your looks and your material possessions carry little weight in the bigger scheme of things. Sure, your "pretty boy" routine may impress and woo young minded, immature girls, but to the mature woman none of that superficial stuff matters. It's time for you "Mr. Pretty boy", to learn a lesson in Humility. Beauty is only skin deep. A person's value is determined by their character, their inner beauty. If the only thing a person (woman) notices about you is how good you look, then that speaks volumes (it also speaks volumes about her shallowness). It also should let you know that you need to bring something else to the table besides your looks. So, "Mr. Suavé", it would do you good to drop the arrogant front and learn the art of Humility. You can't live off your good looks forever.

COMMANDMENT 10: THOU SHALL BE MATURE: This is perhaps the most important Commandment because without Maturity none of the other 9 Commandments can fully be obeyed. You, young lost male, do you not understand that your Maturity is what separates men from boys? Your Maturity and ability to act in a respectful and honorable manner is what will make you a man. Nothing else will. Not your looks, not your material possessions, nor your abilities in the bedroom. Only your Maturity and your ability to self-analyze and your self-discipline and continued growth will make you a man. Understand that? You "feel me"?


FINAL WORD:

In writing these Commandments it was my intention to offer the male species ways in which they could become more respectful and honorable people, not just towards females, but towards themselves. We are in a sad state right now, being that real men have all but disappeared. As much as I would like to stay hopeful and optimistic that one day this generation of men (black men in particular) will wake up from their deep seated daze and realize their duties and responsibilities, reality comes crashing down on me and brings me back down to earth. I become a pessimist. The Bible says that in the End Times, there will be 7 women to 1 man. With odds like those it's no wonder real men seem to be an endangered species.

Ladies, if you have a real man in your Life, hold on to him. Whether he be your boyfriend, Husband, best Friend, Family member, etc etc, hold on to him. In an age of ignorance and chaos, real men are a rare commodity that should be cherished and held onto.

*Love God Always*

Donté
© Copyright 2008 Donté (donte1986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1459503-10-Commandments-For-Men