*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460000-Coining-A-New-Term
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1460000
The acclaimed author and playwright coins a new term perfect for the upcoming Oscar race!
Although it is not rare that I should step into the public eye, today I'm taking one of many bold new steps forward -- so take note, as this one appears first among many.  I am taking my place beside Ben Franklin and Stephen Colbert and other great Americans and coining a phrase -- step back and prepare, as your life is about to change.
P'OSCAR -- new slang for posthumous Oscar award, such as was given to Peter Finch for NETWORK.  Current usage:  "Do you think Heath Ledger will win the P'OSCAR this year for THE DARK KNIGHT?"  There -- I've coined it, the P'Oscar.  And as we all know, copyright law states that as soon as something is fixed in a tangible form, such as a publication, it is copyrighted by virtue of its creation.  To my knowledge and to the best of my research, this word has never appeared before ever.
So, do YOU think Heath Ledger will win the P'Oscar? 
For tons more, check out the home site, Fletcher Rhoden.com and the always new fletcherrhodenblog on the NEWS and LINKS pages, including news on the August release of my long-awaited novella, LAST TANGO WITH MARLON, about the lives and friendship of Marlon Brando and Wally Cox, from my acclaimed stage play of the same name!  There's also news on my writing seminar, new tunes and much more!
Stay well and stay tuned!
Fletcher Rhoden
www.Fletcher Rhoden.com


© Copyright 2008 Fletcher (fletcherrhoden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460000-Coining-A-New-Term