*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460844-In-Defense-of-Liberty
by Samuel
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1460844
The World is at war, but for the Patriots, that's not what matters.
"It's Dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Samuel said as he slapped a fresh magazine into his AR-15. "...and we Patriots, are right."
"Whatever you say, Sam" his wife said under her breath. "Just keep a lookout will ya?"
The Patriot Community has just repelled the second attack by the BHS [Bureau of Homeland Security] and was preparing for another. What they didn't expect was a negotiator.

"Shoot him! Shoot him now!" Sam heard a voice shout from the stairwell leading to the attic.
"Yeah, Sam. Shoot that bastard" his wife said quietly.
"We are Western Americans; not remorseless Eastern Europeans. We won't kill him." After his wife let out a long sigh, Sam leaned over and said, "We're going to take him hostage."
Her eyes widened as he leaned his rifle against the wall and stepped outside to meet the 'negotiator' wearing a white collared shirt, flak jacket and bearing an empty shoulder holster. Sam muttered, "Yeah, and there isn't one in the back of your pants? Nice one."
"KILL HIM, SAM!" the same voice shouted from the small window facing out from the attic. As Sam looked back to shush the moron, a loud crack rang out; spraying the man's brains on the partition above the window he was hanging out of.
As gunfire erupted, Sam grabbed the 'negotiator' by the hair and pulled him back towards the house.


Before the terrorist pulling the negotiator into the stronghold could make it three steps, the hail of gunfire from the MJTF left the negotiator with several holes in his back and a blown out face. The terrorist was unscathed and let the limp corpse fall down behind him as he ran back into the stronghold.
"Nice one, morons" an ATF agent shouted.
The gunfire ceased once the terrorist was inside the house, and Tony heard a sergeant shout, "Relax, it's fine! Look where he's at, we can say he ran and the dumb ass hanging out of the window blew him away. No one will know."
Of course, Tony knew that what the sergeant suggested was exactly what the ATF and FBI did at the Volunteers' compounds in Chicago last week, but he knew he couldn't say anything.
"Why don't we just drop a huge bomb on them or something?" an older looking agent said to Tony without looking away from the house. "I mean, shit, we sit out here all day, waste ammo, and lose a damn negotiator to friendly fire. I was there at the Chicago Compounds and it all could have been easily avoided with a nice 500 pounder from 60,000 feet in the sky. Hell, I would have settled for a tomahawk from a couple miles away. We're close enough to the Navy's blockade in Charleston."
Tony didn't know what to say and was staring at the 35-ish veteran with a long scar running down the side of his face. "Uh... yeah man, a cruise missile would have-"
He was cut off by gunfire from the gunner on top of the APC he was standing behind and thought maybe it would be a good idea to open fire himself. Hell, there had to be something there.
But that was the same thing everyone else did and it turned out nothing was there, the guy on the 'Little Bear' got a little too jumpy. He was just as new as Tony was.


"Shit, that .50 is tearing through the plate armor under the windows, I'm not sitting there anymore" Sam's brother said. "This is ridiculous. We need to get out there and take them all out. Let me call for artillery from the hills, they'll never know what hit them and they'll all be dead before they can get on the radio to even mutter the word 'artillery'.
Sam took a second to think while rubbing his hand on his stubbly chin that had gone without a decent shave in two weeks. After a long silence, Sam finally looked at his brother and said "Get on the horn. Call for everything they've got on those bastards." Then he picked up his rifle and walked up the stairs to talk to his wife. "Honey, are those claymores ready?"
"Jesus, Sam. I never thought you'd ask" she replied holding up a small cell phone with an old green screen and wrapped in copper wiring and one long antenna that had been taken off of Sam's pickup. "What the hell were you waiting for?"
"Just get them ready, we'll need them."
The Williams had this scenario planned, but Sam never thought he'd even think about giving the orders to go through with it.
Sam picked up a radio and said calmly, "Bryan, hold the call for artillery. That's an order."
Without missing a beat, Bryan told the artillery to hold. Sam walked to the window and picked up the megaphone that was on a crate underneath the window. He broke out the glass with his AR15 and shouted into the megaphone, "Attention Federal Agents, this is your one and only warning. Lay down your arms and ammunition and leave this area immediately."
Sam heard an uproar of laughter from the Agents on the ground. He got back on his radio, "Everyone, get down to the basement and await my orders. Sam, tell them to fire when ready, and make sure they don't stop until we tell them to."
There was a huge rustle inside the house and the laughter outside never halted. Then came the sound of incoming shells.
© Copyright 2008 Samuel (patriot091 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460844-In-Defense-of-Liberty