*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461100-The-Gifted--Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Roxie
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Action/Adventure · #1461100
....................................................
"What happened?" I thought to myself, still half asleep..

As I laid there I felt electricity shoot through my body, causing me to pop up.. When I opened my eyes my world started spinning, I heard a voice, but seen no one, then a boy jumped out in front of me and pushed me back down on my pillow..

"Hey, what did you do that for?" I said as I tried to keep my eyes open, but they just wouldn’t stay open long enough for me to make out who it was..
Then I heard another voice, it was a girl,
"Evain, Its ok, calm down.. You are going to be ok, just listen and do what we tell you too!"
"Kami? is that you?" I whispered as I gasped for air.
"Yes Evain, its me, now get some rest!"
"No I will be fine" I said as I sat up.
"Evain you need to rest!" Kami said as she reached out to push me back.
"I will be fine" I said as I pushed her hand out of the way and stood up.

As I stood up, I could feel my world spinning even more than it did before, I took a step and fell over, but didn’t hit the ground. I was out of it to much to even care about what was happening. I felt someone carrying me, I tried to open my eyes again but they just didn’t want to open..

"What’s happening?" I said, trying to breath evenly..
"Don’t worry Evain, I will take care of you!" a voice said.
"He sounds familiar" I thought to myself..

After thinking about it for a while it hit me!! No, it can’t be! They really are trying to make me miserable aren’t they?? Well between the two of them, They have succeeded..
Aha, I found my vision, he was carrying me down a long hallway..

"Ok Whoa, just stop for a second!" I said trying to figure out where he was taking me..
He stopped and just stared at me as usual..
"Ok you can put me down now!" I demanded.
"No! You may be a stubborn chick and you'll probably slap me afterwards but I’m not putting you down!"
"Oh yes you will! And your right about the slapping part!" I said as I slapped his face and jumped out of his arms.

"Gosh Woman! You are a violent creature!"
"I may have hit my head, but my attitude hasn't gone anywhere and neither has my ability to slap people!" I said in an angry tone.
"Well I certainly can see that!"
"Tristan what are you doing here?"

"I've been training for 2 years for this and they all a sudden out of the blue say, Oh we are going to find you a partner. I just laughed in there faces till I found out they were serious!"

"You've got to be kidding me! So you’re my partner?"
"Yeah it kind of looks that way!"
"Wow has my day been a bunch of crap"
"Ha-ha that makes two of us Sweet Heart"
"What did you say?" I said angrily.
"Oh please, do you really have to blow up at everything I say?"
"Well lets just get things straight, I am not your Sweet Heart and I never will be! you got that?? And for the rest of this mission keep your big mouth zipped, and I think we will get along just fine!! Got that??" I said as I pushed him into the wall..
"if you think I'm going to shut up because some lousy attituded chick tells me to, then you really must not know me all that well! Sweetheart!!" he said, growling at the end..
"I am not your Sweetheart" I growled furiously as I turned the opposite direction.

I turned back around to face him and punched him in the nose.
I watched as he fell to the floor, blood was gushing from his nose and leaking onto the carpet.. I fell to my knee's and started crying..
"Hey don’t cry over spilt milk.” he said very quietly as he gasped for air.
"Listen I'm sorry, just, just...Stay away from me, it will be for you own good!” I said whimpering and growling at the same time..

I got up and helped him to his feet and walked off down the hall without looking back. I finally found Kami again, which was very comforting. She showed me too my room, Which is where Tristan was trying to take me when he was carrying me..
I went in and closed the door and ran to my bed falling onto to it, as I sunk into the covers I thought "Gosh does this feel good!"

Then I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door and there he was, standing in the exact same position he was the first time he came to my door back when we were at my apartment, only the hand that was going through his hair was holding a towel on his nose...He didn’t look at me he just kept his head down staring at the floor..

"Evain, I'm sorry for everything, and even though you are a stubborn and lousy attituded chick, you are my partner, wether either of us like it or not. And you don’t have to forgive me for anything I've done but please just can we get along for now?? After the mission is over you can do whatever you want to me!" he said in a sad voice..

I just stared at him for a while then smiled. I clapped and watched as his legs gave out and he fell to his knee's..

"So I can do that anytime I want to after we are done with our mission?" I said still smiling..

He just laughed and I helped him up.
"Yeah, anytime you want! But one question?"
"Yeah sure, what?" I said hesitantly.
"How did you do that?" he said with a curious look on his face..
"Oh uh, it was nothing." I said As I bit my lip..
"yeah right" he said as he moved his hand across my face.
"hey that’s cold" I hollered out.
"Ha-ha, And that’s why we are apart of this group for the gifted, you know?"
"Well I wasn’t sure how much you knew about it and I'm not aloud to say anything about it to anyone who doesn’t know!"
"Ok well we have to go now, Kami called me and we are expected to be in the meeting room, so we can go over all this crap.. "He said while rolling his eyes.
"Ok lead the way Ice Man" I said laughing..
"Im not Ice man, but I can arrange a meeting with him for you if you want??"
"Well if it wasn’t ice then what was it?"
"That’s what happens when I read someone’s mind, my skin turns cold."
"What you were reading my mind?” I said angrily
"Hey, you promised!"
"Grrrr" I growled
"ha-ha your cute when your angry!"
"Oh whoops was that out loud” he said whispering to himself.
"Yes it was! And its not funny!" I said glaring at him.
"Ok sorry, I didn’t mean to say that"
"Its not only that you said it, but its that you are thinking it!” I said growling at him..
"Ok Sorry, I shall erase all such thoughts away from my brain!” He said smirking
"You mean there’s more in there, like that??" I said making an angry look.
"Hey hey calm down! No there aren't,not if you don’t want there to be"

I just stared at him with an evil look. As we walked down the hall I heard kami's voice coming form a little room down at the last door on the left, she was talking to someone!
"Who could it be” I wondered as I knocked on the door..
"Come in!" She hollered out at me..

I opened the door and there was a man sitting in a chair on the other side of the room. I ran over to him and said,
"Ged, Ged, where in the world have you been?"

I gave him a hug and he kissed me on the forehead.
"hey sis, no where important just been busy with work. "he said smiling.
"Ged this is Tristan. Tristan this is Ged. ."I said as I pointed back and forth..
"Hey Tristan, What sup?" Ged said as he reached out his hand toward Tristan.
Tristan shook his hand then said,
"Hey, Oh nothin much, just putting up with Evain!"
"Is she really that bad?" Ged said about to laugh his head off as he looked at me..
"That’s not funny" I said as I pushed him slightly.

"Ok people listen up" kami said..

Silence fell over the room as Tristan grabbed a seat...

"Ok, now listen. Evain, we sent Tristan out to find you this morning and he wasn’t to let you out of his site once he did, and he didn’t which is good on his part.. The guy that was following you is named Jerome Blythe, we are not sure why he wants you, but the only reason he ever wanted any of us gifted people is so he can experiment. He owns a science lab on the east side of town and that’s where we will be sending you and Tristan. Your job is to gather information and find out what they are working on, while we get rid of this guy once and for all.. We have to put an end to what ever it is that they are working on.. Ged will provide you will all the access codes and things that you will need, we will send you out in a few days after we get things straightened out.." Kami said firmly..

"How will we get into the lab?" I said out of curiosity..

"Ged will print off ID's for you and I will be ordering two lab coats today!" kami said as she shuffled through some papers..

"Is there anymore questions?"she asked..
"No Ma'am" We all said at the same time..
"Good then we can move on to introducing everyone.I will Go through each on of you one by one so just relax and be quiet.
Evain Vignali-
she is 19 her birthday is on august 20,she has been an agent for 3 years.We found her when she was just a little girl.We found that she has some very wonderful gifts if she could learn to control them.So we have trained her all these years to control her powers so that they wouldn't get out of hand.She is one of our most prized agents and when it comes to doing a mission she doesn't stop till its done! Now we move on to,

Estarriol Vignali,he is also known as Ged-
he is 25 and his birthday is july 15,we found him with his sister when they were younger.He has been an agent for 10 years,he also has some gifts they arent as great as his sister's are but still.He is also a Computer Genius,which has come in very good use! And last is..

Tristan Fawn-
he is 19 his birthday is august 20 and-"

"o my gosh,you have to be kidding me??" I screamed out..
"Evain,please do not interrupt"Kami said angerly
"I'm sorry Kami,please forgive me." I said softly..


"Anyway as I was saying, Tristan has been an agent with us for two years, we found him when he was 16,he was in an old rundown alley living in a trash can. And he has so many gifts its hard to count them.. Ok now that I have introduced all of ya’ll I will introduce myself,
I am Kamiliea LaMagna,I am 35 years old my birthday is September 18 and I have been an agent for 25 years, yes I was vey young when I started but I was quite capable of doing what they needed me to do and that’s all that mattered. I was found in a run down apartment when I was 5 years old. I was trained just like all of your were only I became an agent faster than you did..." kami said as she stared each one of us down..

"Ok I think that will be all for today, now go get some rest" kami said as she let out a sigh..

We all departed off to our rooms so we could get ready for tomorrow and get some rest!!And while I was sleeping something very interesting happened...
© Copyright 2008 Roxie (crazy_chick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461100-The-Gifted--Chapter-2