*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461174-Reflection
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1461174
Reflection was the prompt given. My results to that prompt.
Devin ran as she had never run in her life.  Her short legs carried her small frame faster than she had ever imagined she could move.  Her breath was ragged.  Her heart pounded so hard she was afraid it would beat out of her chest.  She couldn't keep this up much longer.  When she did stop, when she gave out, she would be dead.  There was no question in her mind that was his goal.

Running down a small alley way she grabbed at doors frantically trying to find one unlocked.  One door she could enter and find people, help, survival.  The third door truly was the charm,  it opened.  She ran in, then through another door, down a small corridor and into the light.  Into the house of mirrors!  She chose the wrong door. The door she chose led her into the local fun house attraction.  She heard the alley door clank behind her. She could not turn back.  She ran forward, using her hands to find openings.  Seconds seemed like hours.  She looked ahead to see the reflections.  Hers and his.  He was with her.  The reflections didn't lie.  They hid only one fact.  How close was he?
© Copyright 2008 Womandriver (womandriver at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1461174-Reflection