*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462348-How-to-make-money-on-HorseLand
Rated: E · Other · How-To/Advice · #1462348
Hints and tips for those who are just starting off on Horseland.

There are a lot of people who play Horseland, but usually when someone new tries to get into the game they just don't know where to start. So I decided to do this, in order to help some of the newer players. Firstly, when you join Horseland you are given a mere $2000 in order to support you.

I will quickly go over the 'lingo' of Horseland...

PP means player points, these are gained by the owner of horses running in shows;

K means a unit of thousand, in other words 10K is $10,000;

TB, AQH, HANO, AB - Are abbreviations of horse breeds: Thoroughbred, American Quarter Horse, Hanoverian and Arabian. You don't need to know a great deal of all the shorthand ways of typing horse breeds;

TV is when premium player trade votes in Clubs so they have a change of becoming president of that chosen club.

Premi is an upgraded basic account. People pay real money in order to get more features such as having their own stable and being able to buy the ticket licenses from the Store.

D-Tixs, H-Tixs, is Dog Tickets and Horse Tickets. They give the requested animal
50 points without lower health, however they usually cost around 400K-700K just for one.

n00b or nooblet is a player (not new) that does not know the rules of horseland, or does and just disobeys them to annoy the other people around them. They usually flood and can be called 'trolls' as they believe they are always right, and continue to fight over nothing and want donations. They usually lie, cheat and scam.

Newb is a new player who doesn't really understand what the aim of the game is, but usually they are mannerly and appreciate people helping them.

Flooded/Unflooded is when the show has over 35+ horses. This is bad as the horses entered usually do not recieve a lot of points but still has its health taken away.

Unruns is the shows on a horse which haven't run yet, they usually increase an animals value by a few thousand.

Flooding is when someone posts more than four posts, and in certain chat rooms (Such as Basic Talk 3 and the Arena) more than three posts are counted as flooding. You can be booted for this so be warned...

                                                                                 xXx

When you finally get into your account you will have to verify it. The email address you supplied when joining will have an email sent to it with the activation code. Just copy the code into the box and submit it.

Until you get more money this game will seem boring and dull. However if you're a whizz at HTML, making graphics then simply offer those services to people. A combination of both will help you. I would suggest going into Basic Chat 3 and chatting, being polite and of course talk to others in the game. Ask them questions if you are unsure: most of Horseland is nice.

As soon as you are allowed to go to the bank - go! This will give you an extra $10,000 to spend. (You can do this every week). Now, you can use $1,000 to buy a store horse.

Simply click on the 'Store' link and you will be able to pick which breed of horse/dog you want.

I would say since you are trying to make money first - buy a popular breed which include: Arabian's, Thoroughbreds and [American] Quarter Horses. Popular dog breeds include: Huskies, Wolves, and even Pit bulls.

Now once you gain this store animal: take it to the vet and farrier. This will probably cost you around $100-350 depending on whether the horse is healthy. You should have around, $8650 left.

Click on the horse and start to enter it in shows (type in the date of the next day) and a list of shows will come up at the right hand side. If there is under four pages of shows then go to page 2 or 3. Usually the last and first are flooded when there are not many pages.

If you really want to check simply open up another window which is going to the 'Shows' link. Simply type in the same date as you had. This will allow you to click the shoe, click class details and see how many horses have entered the show.

You can enter your horse in only 200 shows so I would suggest you to look hard for unflooded shows. Failing that go into shows with fewer than 40 horses. Remember to do them for the next day.

Now here is the choice: you can either sell it for a profit - maybe $50,000 or keep it and sell it then. Usually horses with unruns on them quicker because people want Player Points. If your horse has 1K points then its worth around $10,000. The more points the more its worth. Don't breed/brand the horse as it will fall in value.

If you sell it for $50,000 repeat the steps as many times as you want. If you want to make a very quick million then simply find five hundred shows and enter them. Keep in mind that when you advertise you shouldn't flood. Tell people that it’s a PP horse and it shall be gone in a few hours. (Sell the horse for 1-1.5 million. Don't get too greedy though.)

After you have this million you can start show training without any major problems. This is a service which will allow you to build up trust in the Horseland community. At first charge cheap but nothing below $3,000 or else you will lose money. The quicker you can enter one hundred classes, or rather one show the more money you should be given. Set your prices and advertise in talk (mentioning you started) most people want references to see if they can trust you and since you have just started you don't have any.

Copy and paste the players numbers in which you have trained for and place them on your page. This will make you appear more reliable to other player (the more the better).

When you have one million, you can start training keep in mind that for a good training resume it usually costs around $30,000 a week. So keep doing services for people.

Graphics and layouts sell very well, depending on your skill. If they are deemed 'professional' then they can sell upwards of 40 million (even a few have sold for 150 million.)

If not you can find a program called GIMP which is free to download and use, find tutorials and get better. You'll be "pro" if you keep at it and keep improving, if not you can always learn HTML, which is quite simple once you get the foundations of it.

There are other services such as custom horses which someone will order (breed, gender, amount of unruns). Which depends on the amount of unruns and if you add a picture its value increases, sold for, normally, $1-$5 million.

There is also point training, which needs someone dedicated to training as some people want their horses or dogs with decent points. Such as 60,000 by the age of 9, this isn’t hard if you keep at it.

If you think there's something missing in Horseland: such as a service go ahead and go with your gut feeling.

Hint: If you want a 100,000 pointed horse you do NOT need to enter it in (1,000 classes) 10 shows every day. Enter it in 200 classes (two shows) until it's health is under 60%. Leave it to rest and continue doing this. With this method you must look for unflooded shows. You gain around 2,000 a night and depending on whether its unflooded or not you can even get 7K points in one night. If there happens to be many unflooded shows, only place the animal in four shows tops.

Tip: If you are starting your own lines, you will need to keep watch of the 'older' horses, if you do retire the horse - and it has children, by Horseland's standards that foal then becomes worthless as they have no record of horses going back to the founder of the lines. Nor can they check the stats of the horse/dog. So that offspring then has 'broken lines'.

Tip: Don't breed the dogs’ parents with siblings or offspring since that's inbreeding and frowned upon in Horseland.

Hint: Rare breeds are the easiest to sell for the most money though you may have to wait for a while until an elite breeder comes along. Meanwhile popular breeds need to have more points for the same worth though they sell faster.

Hint: If you have pure-bred animals the offspring of the youngest generation will be worth more than it's parent with the same amount of points. This is because of the thought of 'pure-lined' and the longer the lines, the more the animal is worth.
© Copyright 2008 VendettaRose (fanatic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462348-How-to-make-money-on-HorseLand