*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462436-Lies
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1462436
A short tale about vampires
You read all these stories about vampires. Good vampires, with souls, consciences. About someone falling in love with them and that someone giving up everything for that love.

It's all lies.

Vampires have no souls. They don't care. They can't.

I have no remorse for the lives taken. All I care about is the blood. Warm metallic blood. The way it floods your mouth, like bitting into a peach. Teeth break through the tender skin, into the flesh. Juice. Blood. It floods your mouth and drops down your chin. But you don't stop. It's too good. You only want more.

When you turn you remember nothing. No memories of friends or loved ones. All erased. Parents, lovers, children. It's all gone.

No heartbeat. No soul. Simply blood lust for the rest of eternity.

A little frightening at first, but once the reality of it sets in, it is wonderful. The taste of your first kill makes everything right.
© Copyright 2008 Cora Elsa (coraelsa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1462436-Lies