*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463172-Flash-Fiction-Entry--300-Words
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1463172
A vampire encounter on a city bus.
Vampire Encounter

    One of the dreams I had longed to come true was to meet a vampire, personally. Well, it happened one night, after I’d boarded the city bus, on my way to the outskirts of town. I had been invited to a party by a friend at work, and was excited about going. It would be a break from the monotony of everyday life.

    Trudging to the back of the bus, I was so distracted by the coffee stain on my blouse that I didn't notice the strange gothic man watching me from his seat.

    An eerie sensation came over me that made me look up. He was casually clad in black. His long, dark hair rested on his shoulders. Full lips appeared lightly stained, with a grayish-blue tint, which slowly turned up into a wicked grin. I didn’t think anything of it, and returned the man’s smile.

    Then I noticed his eyes. The violet irises flashed oddly, which made me lean closer to be certain I’d seen it. Something grabbed hold of me from within. I was locked in conflicting emotions, unable to break free of his leering stare.

    He stood, approaching me with a saunter that demanded the world believe he ruled the night. I couldn’t stop myself, as I stood to meet his height, no control of my own body or senses. His hand lifted and glided into my tied-back hair, pulling me to him, where he curled an arm about my waist.

    In his embrace, I realized what he was and was given my deepest desire. I felt a slight sting of pain and heard his soft moan. With a gasp, I leaned into his body, succumbed to his need. My eyes closed, surrounded by a swirl of euphoric blackness.

    I woke to gleaming daylight.



300 words; excluding title.

© Copyright 2008 Billy is away--sick (windstormy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463172-Flash-Fiction-Entry--300-Words