*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463195-Teen-Suicide
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1463195
A girl tries to kill herself, but survives.
She woke to an annoying beeping sound.
"Turn that damned thing off!" she cried, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her brother held her hand. She had failed again. She could see the long row of stitches lining the inside of her wrists. She looked at her brother.
"I want the torture of life to stop," she gasped, tears flowing full force from her dark eyes.
"I can't let you kill yourself," Her brother said carefully.
"Why?" she muttered, curling into a ball in the center of the hard bed. "It's my life. And after..." she trailed off, unable to continue. He stepped in saying, "He wanted you to live your life. You do not want to have your whole life built on him. What happened was terrible, it's true, but do remember the feeling when you held his hand and the monitor stopped beeping."
"SHUT UP!" She yelled, as the monitor beeped like crazy. "SHUT UP!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THAT FELT! DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT THAT!" Her brother rang for the nurse.
"Yes?" a voice called.
"I think Marie is ready for her painkillers." He said evenly.
" I'll send a nurse right in." She groaned. Clearly she was bored.
"Don't." she said. That one word made her brother freeze. " I'm sorry I yelled... I just lost control. I really miss him, you know..."He took her hand and stroked it as the nurse put the painkillers in her IV.
"I understand. I know how much you miss him." She nodded. The painkillers started to work.
"Bro," She asked weakly."Don't leave." The last thing that registered in her brain was his soft nod.
A week later, she came home. Her parents hugged her.
"Sweetie, I was so worried... I'm so sorry I didn't take you seriously... I got you the best therapist in town..." Her mother cooed.
"Mom, Mom, I'm fine." she grumbled.
They sat at the large dinner table. Her mom cooked her favorite meal, but she really was not hungry.
"Hon, you don't have to eat if you don't want to." Her mom whispered.
"Honey, we're going to the movies. Can you stay here?"  She nodded, then left to sit in her room. But as soon as her door closed, her parents started arguing.
"You can't leave her here! Every time you do, she finds  somthing to slit her wrists with!" Her father shouted.
"She's perfectly old enough to be home on her own!! She's 18! She was engaged, but her fioncee was murdered! She WILL get over it! Give her a fucking chance!" Her mother screamed.
"Fine! But YOU pay the fucking hospital bill tne next time she tries to kill herself!" He yelled, and she heard the crashing of silverware. Her mother had evidently stopped him in the hallway.
"Do not leave again." She said menacingly. Her daughter heard a slap dealt by her father.
"That's for raising a broken kid." he said, then walked down the stairs.
© Copyright 2008 HRH Little Miss Darkness (gothprincess12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463195-Teen-Suicide