*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463303-Her-World-My-World
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1463303
Chapter 1: Smile Like A Pleague
Ordinary World. Ordinary Town. Unordinary Young Man.
Not even he knows whats so unordinary about him. No one really knows. But it's just the simple fact that he doesn't belong in the world that he exists in. He's an ordinary sixteen year old boy. And his name, John.



I walk alone to school, and the sun has barely stricken the sky. I cut my hair last night, a little shorter than before. I'm 5'6'' and i'm 15 years young. I get along with everyone I possibly can, and I hate fighting. And lucky for me, my lifes going pretty great right now. The snows crunching underneith my feet. its around 5:30 in the morning, and i'm packed with thick shirts and hoodies, seeing that its in the middle of December. My birthday is on Christmas day. So i'm almost sixteen. I'm saving up for a car. And plus, today is the last day before Christmas break. I wear a grin as the sun begins to beam out at me and I approach my huge school.
I open the door and kick off the snow on the mat. I walk in and see everyone talking and laughing, all of them heading to the back into the cafeteria. I see Brice. Brice is my tall best friend. He's recently sixteen. he's talking to a crowd of girls. I catch up to him. "Hey!" I smile at him. He looks back at me and parts himself from the crowd to me. "Dude, guess what!" He grinned. "What?" "I'm getting a car for christmas!" He could've done a backflip, instead he gave me a powerful and painful high five, as i laughed in excitement. "Dude, we're going everywhere after this!" I cheered. Brice looked around. "I gotta spread the news!" He scanned, and then dove into a crowd and dissapeared. "Hey, John." I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned to Erin, she's a really good friend of mine. She's one of the prettiest girls in the school, i'm sure. She's as tall as me and has long brown hair kept up in a ponytail and furry snow sprinkled hoody. "I hope your gonna have a good break, and happy birthday too. I dont want to move!" she cried and gave me a hug. "I wish you weren't moving." I said with unlocking her hug. She let go. She smiled. I've been her friend since the fifth grade, and when 8th grade hit, every guy liked her. maybe i do too. I guess i dont know. "And I like your haircut, its cute." She smiled and walked away. Her smiles are like pleagues.
As soon as first period hit i relaxed and glanced around at everyone. "Listen up! Schools not out yet, if it were you wounldn't be here right now." Mr.Byles called. Everyone came to quiet. Everything began to fade away suddenly. It was the thing again. I can't describe it. but i fall into my own concience and everyone else seems to be blocked out. I hope i act normal while in this. But this time, the blank was different. There was a voice. I listened carefully.

I could here the slicing of blades against eachother and faint screams. It terrified me!
"John. You do not belong there on earth. You belong here with us. Help us keep peice. John.."

"John!" Smack! I came to and jumped after the slap of a meter stick against my desk and the irritated expression of mr.byles!
I'm freaked out. Everyone stared at me as i kept a failure of a strate face and swallowed my doubts of what just happened. The bell rang so fast. How long had it lasted?
As classes went by I kept asking myself "Where else do I belong?". I almost wished it had come back to me. But unfortunaly my wish was granted.

This one i could see better, which i had never seen it before. Almost like a flashback, or de ja vu.
"John, we call for you." A large dark man with tattered clothing told me that. Who-?
"John wake up." Brice called me. He sat next to me in this class. Apearantly I fell asleep. "Whatsup?" I rubbed my eyes. "This is our last class period, and you know what we're doing after school right?" He smiled in excitement as he flipped his long hair out of his eyes. What he was talking about had come to me. I'm supposed to do an acoustic guitar cover for a bunch of people! I forgot (or blocked out) the daydream i had before and my stomache turned inside out. I was nervous! "I'm nervous!" I whispered out loudly. "Dont be nervous, i'm doing it with you!" He supported me. The class began to shout out all at once- "FIVE...FOUR...THREE...TWO...ONE!!!" Its almost as if world peice was granted that everyone stood up and rushed to their lockers. This was the last of school untill January. I fallowed Brice to his locker. Most of my other friends hadnt showed up today. Brice placed an acoustic guitar in my arms. I become even more nervous than before. He got his guitar, "Lets do this!" He called and I chaced after him outside, as i put on my beany and parted my hair. I opened the school door to a crowd of people facing me. "How many people did you tell!?" I whispered, but he didnt hear me. "Hey this is John, and Brice and we're going to play you all a song!" He called out without breaking his glance at me that said "are you ready?" my heart beat louder than the crowd it seemed as they all hushed as Brice started playing the melodic intro of "the alamo is no place for dancing" by the scene aesthetic. I caught on and started playing with him. chords and singing, here we go.
"Sing me a song, tell me about the things you're dealing with lately.."
I began to sing, and then everything seemed to fall in place, in the song. In life. It made me determined and very relaxed.
I kept going on as Brice began to sing with me. we're getting through the chorus and now,
my favorite part. I stopped the guitar, and Brice played the intro again.
"I cant tell you how much I'd love to take back every word i said"/"you gave me every reason to ignore the lies you fed me then"/"and i'm so sorry dear i must escape before...you...suffocate me!"
my voice broke into the best part of the song "So I wait-ed, patiently as long as i could." In the distance was Erin and her mom in their car, video taping us. It made me smile sooo big!
"Spent alot of my time trying to make this alright" I kept repeating in the song as Brice came along with me. And it became even more intense
i payed no attention to my voice or the frets my fingers came in contact with my acoustic guitar. But my eyes were set on Erin.
"I hope this is all that you wanted." I ended the song and set down the guitar.
I exchanged smiles with Brice as the crowd clapped and cheered us on. Erin tackled me with a hug and showered me with compliments on my voice and everything. and then she stopped. And looked at me. Everything went quiet except me and her. "I'm glad I've been your friend for so long." She told me. My eyes told her that I agreed with her. "But.. sometimes. I wish there were more." she told me, and i found myself in the spotlight, pressured by the moment. This is my last chance. I may never see her again. And If i ever doubted me liking her before, i was almost sure that I loved her now. I leaned in and kissed her. It startled her, and she leaned into it too. She was crying. "John." She kept holding onto me. "You'll always be my best friend. Keep in touch." She began to let go. I had a pained expression on my face. "I love you" she said silently with her lips. I said the same back as she drove away.
"Woah. dude!" Brice cheered me on. Everyone did. I had so many mixed feeling now. the crowd, the music, the girl, the dreams.

I can't let those dreams get to me.
Then again, I can't push them away forever.












http://obsatana.forumotion.net/forum.htm
© Copyright 2008 voxen16 (voxen16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463303-Her-World-My-World