*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463632-Tired-of-Pretending
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Experience · #1463632
Letter to an ex.
I tried to be the person you wanted me to be. When you wanted me to be the nice girl you could bring home to your mother...I was that person. When you wanted me to be quiet while you spoke,I was. I was everything for you and you were nothing for me. When you wanted me to be a whore in the bed room, I became that person...even if it made me feel cheap afterwards. I tried new things for you because I knew you wanted me to. When my family told me they didn't think you were good for me, I stood up for you. I told them they were wrong. I told them they were trying to not like you. When you wanted me to open up to you, I did...even though once you knew everything, you ran. I bled for you a little more everyday...and now we can't even be friends. How is it possible for two people to know everything about each other and not remain friends? How can you turn your back on someone that you once thought you loved? And who loved you back? Once you were my everything...and now...you are my absolute nothing. It's easy to say that now...knowing I've moved on to someone so much better for me. Someone who just wants me to be me. Someone who has never asked me to be someone else. For once in my life...I'm not pretending.
© Copyright 2008 NarcissisticDramaQueen (reaching at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463632-Tired-of-Pretending