*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463835-Your-Mindthe-last-battleground
by sdev
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Inspirational · #1463835
A short essay about human nature and mind and how to overcome all the obstacles in life.
To begin with, i would like to say to everybody that it is only up to ourselves to change our fortune.You are born alone and you will die alone so whatever you do whether good or bad you are the only gainer or sufferer.You cannot change the world or other people, but you can only change yourself then you will find that everything beside you have changed and your world have also changed.And remember one thing "what you sow so shall you reap".Whatever we do always bounce back to us.If you are a believer of God then i can say that "God helps those who help themselves".
We all are always afraid of one thing or the other,the most bravest among us is also afraid of something.I have seen it from personal experience and interacting with lots of different types of people.Someone is afraid of losing the person he/she loves, some may be afraid of death, some are afraid of losing his wealth,some are afraid of losing their identity, some are afraid of mishaps while some may be afraid of ownself,losing his own beliefs.All these things keep running on inside our mind everytime and we dont even realise it.We dont understand that these are actually mere waste of time and energy because we cannot change a single thing with these.Once a girl his mother,father and his brother lived beside a river.Everyday her mother and father used to go to the other side of the river to work in a field.In the noon time she along with her little brother would cross a little bamboo bridge over the river and go to other side to give her motherand father food to eat.As the bridge is very short and risky she always holds the hand of her brother tightly as they cross the bridge.They were a happy family.One day in the morning the mother found that the girl had not slept well and was worried about something.Her mother overlooked it as she has to go out for work.Some days passed by and she saw her child still being worried about something not taking her food properly, not sleeping well,and dark circles have come under her eyes.She asked her child what has happened why is she being so worried and tensed all these days.She would not reply but on repeatedly persuing by her mother she broke down to tears.She told that she is afraid that she might loose her brother. It is now winter time and the river is dry,but then one day monsoon season will arrive and the river will be flooded again the water will be flowing in full force.So if while crossing the bridge she looses the hand of her brother and he fells down and is swept away then what will happen. This thought had kept her worried and tensed for so many days .Then her mother told her that do not indulge in wishful thinking and negative thoughts because they are merely thoughts and would do no good to you,you love your brother thats good but at the same you have to understand that you should concentrate on your present and do not think about any mishap that may occur in past.This thought will only make weak and oneday you are definately going to commit any mistake or loose your brothers hand while crossing.
© Copyright 2008 sdev (sdeb007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1463835-Your-Mindthe-last-battleground