*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464156-And-She-Cried
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1464156
Originally written 11/06
Along the edge of a wood, there was a field. A moon, full and beautiful, hung in the sky. She sat down on the edge of that wood, leaning against a tree. Drawing her knees to her chest, she wrapped her arms around them. With heavy heart, she turned her tear-filled eyes up towards the moon.

Her heart was gripped tight with pain and agony. She pulled her knees in tighter, and the tears began to flow. It was as if the tears could not come down her cheek fast enough. She began rocking as if trying to etch them out from within. She no longer saw the field, or the moon. Primal instinct seemed to take over her entire being as she wailed into the night. Finally releasing...

After a time, the wail became a whimper, and she became very heavy even to herself. Releasing her knees, she moved down on her side. As she quieted, she suddenly felt warmth. A shadow of a being had come out of the wood and held her while she slept.

When she awoke, all was quiet. She slowly made her way over to the small pool of water nearby to wash off her face. Feeling the cool water in her hands, she brought it to her face over and over, washing away anything left. Feeling calmness wash over her, she turned back to the wood.

...and lying on the ground where she had slept was one red rose...


© Copyright 2008 WordsofLove (kristi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464156-And-She-Cried