*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464672-Day-Dreamers
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1464672
Just a little something i wrote when i was bored; when i was day dreaming.
…..So he sat on the steps of his 15 story apartment building, staring and daydreaming, day dreaming about what day dreamers dream about one day becoming reality but always for someone else. Someone else’s reality, so he sees no boundary letting his imagination spread into oblivion through lives of others.
         As he sits on these steps, ghetto inner city kids skip by, but he’s not with them. Them in their forever world of forever monotony doesn’t appeal to him. He’d rather be somewhere else. Elsewhere with people like “that” but that “that” is what he can’t put hi s finger on. He waves in and out of reality, picturing formality on a life he drives to have. Drives to have a permanent place to sleep, honest food to eat, non infested blankets and sheets, lay on cushion, rest under a home where the roof won’t leak and nightmares don’t creep into his dreams. Dreams are all he has because with ten cents no shoes and the possibility of flunking out of school do to the obstacles in which he is to weak to hop, dreams are the only thing he can hold on to. At least while he sits on those steps of that 15 story project building. Staring and day dreaming, day dreaming about what day dreamers dream about one day becoming reality, but always for someone else…..
© Copyright 2008 speakmymind (speakmymind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1464672-Day-Dreamers