*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467356-Friendships
Rated: E · Other · Community · #1467356
This are brief thought about a friend.
Friendship is something that we all cherish.
Friendship is something that we all want.
Why is that people are quick to stop being someone’s friend over something trivial.
If you really value the person, you would think that they can get through their disagreements.
But in reality it may not be so.
We cut people off, as if they never existed, erasing them from our everyday lives.
Why are people so stubborn?
Then when something tragic happens, we grieve and think “ What if I had done something different?”
We feel regret, we feel pain, we feel anguish.
All these feelings we don’t pay attention to when the chance was staring us in the face.

Aw, Yes Friendship, we yearn for this while growing up.
To be accepted, to be noticed and to be liked by everyone else.
Not wanting to be the outcast, the outsider even the forgotten.
But yet as we grow older, we swap and trade our friends as if no use is left with them.
They become old and worn out like the shoes we wear to work
So we trade them in for a new pair that comes in our plain sight.
Why is it so? Is it because all the use is gone, or boredom has taken over?

Who are our real friends anyway?
Is it the people that we’ve known from the age of 5, 11, 20 or even 35?
Or is it the people that have shown they care throughout the years?
Now when I say Care, I mean showing interest in all aspects of your life.
It really has nothing to do with the length in which you’ve known someone.
It’s not picking them up when you feel like it or when you have time BUT,
Its genuinely wanting to be involved with the other person, despite your separate lives.
It’s effortless, painless and sometimes full of joy.
We all have our own thing going on, whether it be work, school, husband or kids,
But I think if someone is your friend, they will be your friend regardless.
Just like every obstacle in our lives, we are going to have bumps.
This is a fact,
But if you truly want to be there then you will get off your high horse and get over the bumps.
The good , the bad and definitely the ugly.
© Copyright 2008 Nicole Smith (nsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467356-Friendships