*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467482-Eating-Disorder
by Bunny
Rated: 18+ · Article · Health · #1467482
My opinion on Anorexia.
What is Anorexia Nervosa? Someone who suffers from this eating disorder is a person who has an intense fear of gaining weight and limits the food she eats. Eating disorders come in many forms. When someone avoides food, or even eats excessive amount of food may suffer from many eating disorders.

It's a mind disease and I think it's something that people can develop. Woman are usually the intended "victims". Are these people really any less of a person because their minds psychologically tell them another thing when their heart tells them another thing. It is like they are at war inside their brain. I have never directly had a case of Anorexia but had a mild case of Bulimia for a few months. Does that mean I even have a disorder. It could in your own state of mind.

Media. Everywhere I see is the desire to be skinny. You can differ to agree or disagree but why does everyone have to be a size two to be noticed. I worked my whole lofe to remain a size ten and I feel great. When I was fourteen I wore a size eighteen. I would eat nearly ten thousand calories a day and purge it up at the end of the day. Luckily I got the help I needed in order to get better. On the other case my sister who had suffered from Anorexia took longer to get help. She got down to the extremely low weight of seventy three pounds. She was five foot six. Now she is at a healthy one hundred and twelve pounds. She was told her chances to have children was ten percent. Can the media really back up that?

Is enough focus really on the disorder? I spent the last ten years listening to the amount of money people are spending on junk to help those who are obese. Not saying they aren't important but what about those who literally starve them self or puke themself to death. Shouldn't they have just as much rights. The same rights to treatment, money, and hope as everyone else. One percent of the population suffer from this disorder. It may not seem like alot but if you look at a city with a population of one hundred thousand. One thousand of them will suffer from the disorder. In a population of one million; ten thousand will be the victim.

I personally didn't know why I exactly had the urge to write on this. Maybe it has to do with my novel on anorexia. Maybe it is all of your opinion that matter or I want to see what you think of it. There is no right or wrong answer. There is no covering all of the issue but it is the start for a better future for those who have the disorder.

© Copyright 2008 Bunny (tikipoo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467482-Eating-Disorder