*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467515-Artists-Rendering-Part-3
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Mystery · #1467515
The Story Continues...
Chapter Eight

Rebecca sat in a cold hard plastic chair that clashed wonderfully with the cold tile floor. She clutched in her hands five yellow envelopes containing five pictures of herself. Shelly had insisted on taking Rebecca home to get the others before they made their way to the station.
Already she was beginning to regret her decision to come. The station was in a state of chaos. Phones rang off the hook with a bitter middle aged woman answering them with an impatient tone in her voice. She had rolled her eyes when Shelly told her why they were there. That's when she pointed them to the chairs and told them someone would be with them shortly. Police officers rushed in and out not noticing the two women in the corner.
Finally, a man in his early forties with salt and pepper hair wearing a cheap suit introduced himself.
"I'm Detective Rothko. Would you mind joining me in my office?"
Rebecca and Shelly stood and followed him through a maze of offices and cubicles, finally reaching a small windowless office in the back. He pulled an extra chair inside and the three of them sat down.
"They tell me someone's taking pictures of you?"
"Not really. Here," Rebecca handed the envelopes to the detective. He carefully opened each one and examined the pictures.
"Do you have an suspicions of who could have drawn these?"
"None."
"You haven't seen anyone?"
"No."
"And these are all actual scenes from your life?"
"Yes, sir. Some were given to me mere hours after the scenes happened."
"What about the darkened ones?"
"That should be a man I've been spending time with. He's the only thing that the artist isn't drawing." He laid the pictures on his desk, clasped his hands, and gave her a look that told her he was about to give her bad news.
"Unfortunately, no laws are being broken here. These are all very public scenes, and there's no law against drawing other people anonymously. I know it's a very odd situation and I understand how you must be feeling, but there's not much I can do."
"Can't you at least figure out who's stalking her?" Shelly spoke up angrily.
"I would, but as you can see," he gestured at the envelopes and pictures. "So many people have handled these that there wouldn't be any sense in even trying to check for fingerprints. Unless you actually see someone, I'm afraid we have nothing to go on."
"I'm sorry I wasted your time," Rebecca squeaked standing to leave. She was embarrassed and was anxious to leave.
"That's it? You're not going to do ANYTHING?" Shelly was furious.
"I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do. Here," he handed both of them business cards. "This is my personal line. If anything happens, if you see anyone at all, or if you just need to talk, call me. In the meantime, don't go down any dark alleys and be careful who you trust."
Detective Rothko placed the pictures back in the envelopes, handed them to Rebecca, and escorted them back to the front doors. He wished them a good afternoon and they left.
"That's just ridiculous!" Shelly said furiously.
"I can't say I'm surprised. He's right. There's no law against drawing pictures."
"But you're being stalked!"
"I'm just going to have to live with it for now." Rebecca wanted to get back to work and forget the whole thing.
Shelly fumed the entire way to work. Rebecca didn't listen. She stared out the car window at the dark swirling clouds that reflected her mood. Her stomach gave a grumble and she realized she wasted her entire lunch hour on that pointless trip. She longed to see Josh. Only he could take her mind off of things.
The afternoon plodded on at a turtle's pace. It began raining and Rebecca realized she had forgotten her umbrella. What a day it was turning out to be, she thought. Her stomach grumbled in reply.
By the time five o'clock rolled around, the rain had become a soft drizzle. Rebecca walked quickly, but still managed to become thoroughly saturated by the time she reached her building. For the first time that day, she was grateful Josh had to work and she wouldn't have to see him. She caught her reflection in the window and thought she resembled a wet dog.
She dripped quietly on the floor of the elevator and sloshed down the hall to her apartment. As she turned the key in the lock, she heard Lisa's door open.
"Rebecca, this came... Rebecca? Oh my goodness, you're soaked!" She quickly escorted Rebecca inside and found her a towel. She insisted on fixing Rebecca a hot cup of tea while Rebecca changed out of her wet clothes and into her pajamas and robe.
"I can't believe you walked all the way back in the rain. Couldn't somebody have given you a ride?" Rebecca shrugged.
"Are you okay? You look like you've had a rough day." Rebecca nodded.
"What happened?"
Rebecca sifted through the plastic bag that she had placed the five envelopes in. She pulled out the most recent ones and showed Lisa. She told Lisa of going to the police and how they had been no help. Lisa nodded understandingly.
"Who did you talk to?" she asked.
"Detective Rothko."
"I know him. He's a good guy. He would help you if there was anything he could do. He gave you his card?"
"Yeah."
"Good. If anything happens, let him know. I wouldn't even bother with the rest of the loons in that place. If you're not being murdered, raped, or sold drugs, you're wasting their time." She pursed her lips as if disgusted then added, "So you have no idea who it could be?"
"None."
"What about Josh?"
"Lisa! I know you don't like him, but are you really serious?"
"Think about it. A lot of artists don't paint themselves. They prefer to remain observers rather than subjects."
"It's just not him."
"So you know him that well now?" Rebecca didn't know what to say. She was getting to know Josh, but it seemed every time they were together, she was surprised by something new she found out about him.
"There's no way he'd do this."
"Just be careful. I can't convince you not to see him, but don't be blinded by lust."
"So I'm blind now?"
"I didn't mean anything by it. Look at Shelly. You tell me that she's constantly in love with a new loser who only breaks her heart. She's blinded by lust and can't see the logic in her situation. Don't let yourself be pulled into that kind of situation."
"I can't believe it's Josh."
"I know." There was finality in her voice and the subject was dropped. Lisa brought over some food and cooked dinner for Rebecca. They ate in silence as Rebecca was too hungry to pause for small talk.
They spent a quiet evening together. Rebecca apologized for being short with her the last few days. Lisa apologized for intruding. They passed the time playing a few games of Scrabble.
"Are you going to be okay alone tonight?" Lisa asked as ten o'clock rolled by.
"I'm okay. I'm not worried about anyone getting in here."
"Okay. Well, I'm going to head off to bed. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything."
"Thanks."
Lisa went to get her things from the kitchen. As she went to leave, she paused.
"I left something on the counter. It was in front of your door this afternoon. I wouldn't bother with it tonight. Leave it for tomorrow and get some sleep." She walked out the door and closed it softly behind her.
With a sense of foreboding, Rebecca stood and walked slowly to the kitchen. There on the counter was a yellow envelope with intricate letters spelling her name. She took a deep breath, opened it, and slid out the single sheet of paper.

Chapter Nine

It was Rebecca in perfect detail again, yet it was different. She remembered the scene, standing on the steps of the library that morning. Yet, she was alone. There wasn't even a shadow standing in for Josh. She stood regally on the steps with a serene look on her face. While the rest of the world was bathed in the dismal gloom cast from the menacing clouds overhead, Rebecca seemed to radiate an angelic glow.
Rebecca didn't know what to think of this. She decided not to and put it with the rest of the envelopes. At least, she thought, it didn't seem as threatening as the last one. She turned out the lights and went to bed.
The early morning sunshine was almost as irritating as the rain the day before. "Why can't the weather just make up it's mind?" she asked groggily. "It's a cruel trick."
She crawled out of bed and found her way to the coffee pot. As she watched the coffee take its time brewing, she thought of the pictures. Maybe she was jumping to conclusions. Maybe Detective Rothko was right and there was no need to worry. She then remembered that she was to spend the evening with Josh and a smile crept onto her face.
Suddenly feeling more awake and alert than any cup of coffee could make her, she cheerfully got ready for work. She chose a flowered dress and couldn't help remembering it was the dress she wore in the first picture she had received. Shaking the thought from her mind, she continued to dress. She wouldn't allow a few doodles to ruin this day.
She took a deep breath before opening her door to leave, bracing herself for the crunch of paper that threatened to put a damper on her mood. None came. The door opened and no envelope was to be found. Rebecca smiled thinking this day was going to be a good one.
Confirming this thought, the elevator door opened to reveal Josh beaming at her.
"I thought of a good excuse today," he chimed with a toothy grin.
"Oh yeah? What's that?"
"I forgot." She giggled in spite of herself.
They walked hand in hand through the campus talking of the weather and the changing color of the leaves. They paused at the bottom of the steps again.
"I've got something special planned for tonight. I think you're going to like it."
"Oh?"
"Yep. Thought I'd prove to you that I'm not just some mechanic."
"You've already done that," she leaned in and gave him a quick kiss.
"You've not seen anything yet." He caressed her cheek. "Until then," he added and then kissed her deeply. Without another word he turned and walked back the way they had come leaving her breathless. It was going to be a good day.
As she walked into the library, she saw she wasn't the only one on cloud nine. Shelly beamed at her from behind the desk, clearly dying to share some tidbit of information. Rebecca felt sure it had something to do with the suave Eduardo.
"You seem to be in a better mood," she started casually.
"You could say that."
"You'll never guess what happened last night," she blurted.
"So tell me."
"Eduardo came over. He's simply amazing. He cooked me dinner, we ate in candlelight, we danced. It was incredible. I'm telling you, he's different."
"You say that about every guy you date."
"But I mean it this time. He didn't even try anything! God knows I wanted him to, but he just gave me a kiss goodnight and left."
"Wow. How'd you take that?"
"Well, I was a little put off at first, but then I thought about it over a glass of wine. He was being a gentleman wasn't he?"
"Sounds like it." Shelly beamed again clearly thrilled at this confirmation.
The two worked cheerfully that morning and soon found themselves with nothing to do. The library was almost always empty on Fridays and it took very little time for them to get everything done.
With nothing to occupy their time after lunch, Shelly recounted her evening with Eduardo in greater detail.
"We're going dancing tonight," she added. "Salsa dancing!"
"Sounds exciting." Rebecca could think of a hundred other things she'd rather do, but it did sound like something Shelly would enjoy.
"Josh is taking me out tonight, but he won't say where."
"I bet it's somewhere really nice. That man's obviously head-over-heels and he's out to impress."
"You think?"
"Absolutely."
They passed the remaining time speculating where he would take her that he thought would impress her. Around mid-afternoon Rebecca couldn't shake the feeling they were being watched. She wondered if she would find a perfect sketch of this moment in front of her door later. Unwilling to dwell on the subject, she didn't mention it to Shelly.
Spirits were soaring by the time five o'clock rolled around. Shelly left to meet Eduardo. Rebecca grabbed her purse and made her way out the door.
"Hey, Becky," Josh said casually. He was sitting on the concrete ledge near the top of the steps. He stood up and walked over to her.
"What are you doing her?"
"Disappointed?" he asked.
"Just surprised." She smiled what she hoped was an encouraging smile and they began walking.
"I forgot to tell you something this morning," he spoke up.
"Oh? What's that?"
"I'm taking you somewhere rather special. You should probably dress up."
"How special are we talking?"
"Let's just say I'm busting out my best suit and tie."
"I see." Her stomach jumped with excitement at the prospect of seeing him looked dapper and suave. "I think I can throw something together."
"You'll be the most beautiful woman in the room."
Josh insisted on walking her all the way to her door. Part of her didn't want him to. She didn't want to have to explain a strange yellow envelope with her name on it. With a sigh of relief she saw that no such envelope lay in front of her door. It really was turning into the perfect day.
"I'll be back at six. Will that give you enough time?" he asked softly as they stood inches from each other.
"More than enough," she whispered back. She wanted him to kiss her again as he did on the steps that morning.
"I'll count the seconds until then," he said pulling her hand to his lips. He waited as she unlocked her door and went inside. She peered at him through the peephole and saw him finally turn and walk away. Breathing a sigh, she hurried to her bedroom and started searching through her closet. She knew exactly what she wanted to wear that night. Somehow, she knew it was the perfect dress to take his breath away. She wanted him to ache as she ached. Wanted him to desperately want her.
"I'm turning into Shelly," she said to herself as she thought these things.
Finally she found what she was searching for. She pulled it out of the closet and smiled. He was certainly in for a treat.

Chapter Ten

Rebecca stood in front of the mirror and admired her work. The dress was a floor length halter with spaghetti straps. It had a Grecian feel to it as it slipped over her body. The deep wine color brought out her eyes perfectly. She draped the matching wrap around her and clutched a small beaded purse. She managed to pull her hair into an elegant twist with a few tendrils hanging around her face.
"I can't wait to see his face," she said aloud.
At six o'clock on the nose, she heard a confident knock on the door. After a few deep breaths she opened the door.
"Wow!" he blurted. "I mean... you're more beautiful than I could have imagined," he added more suavely. She was too busy admiring the effect the suit had on him to care. They simply looked at each other for a few moments.
"Shall we?" he asked offering his arm. She took it and they left. She felt awkward walking through the building so dressed up and hoped it wouldn't be long before they fit in a little better.
"So where are we going?" she asked as they got into his car.
"Uh uh. Don't want to ruin the surprise," he winked, taking in another long look at her. He shook himself out of it and started the car. They drove into the heart of the city, to an area she'd never been before. It seemed to be where all the action was on Friday nights. The streets were lined with packed restaurants and night clubs that were just opening. Couples crowded the sidewalks. None of them were nearly as dressed up as they were and she began to get nervous.
"Don't worry," he said noticing her anxiety. "We're not there yet. We won't be part of that throng."
He turned a corner and pulled into a parking lot. A grand restaurant stood before them. It was much less crowded with only the occasional couple entering its doors. She noticed a man wearing a tux escorting a woman in a fur coat inside and realized they wouldn't stand out here.
He opened her door for her and offered his hand which she gladly accepted. They walked arm in arm into the building. Inside everything glistened as if made of a rare crystal. A stuffy man in a tuxedo greeted them from his podium.
"Table for Stevenson," Josh told the man confidently.
"Ah, yes, right this way sir... and madame," he added. They were led off to a small table where the man pulled out a chair for Rebecca and pushed it under her as she sat down. He opened two menus and placed them in front of the couple. Josh spoke to the man briefly before he trotted off. She was too overwhelmed by everything to notice what he had said.
She looked over the menu, which was entirely in French, and noticed there were no prices. She figured in a place like this, if you had to ask, you couldn't afford it. A waiter quickly brought out a bottle of wine and poured it for the couple, before prancing away.
"What do you think?" Josh asked her.
"I'm a bit overwhelmed."
"Would you like me to order for both of us?" Grateful that she wouldn't have to attempt French, she nodded. He held up a hand gracefully and the waiter returned to the table. Rebecca listened to them. She knew he was only saying the names of a few dishes, but nevertheless, hearing him speak French added to the fluttering in the pit of her stomach.
"You never cease to amaze me," she said as the waiter skipped away.
"I aim to please," he grinned.
"So you speak French?"
"Only enough to get by in a place like this."
"You come here often?"
"Occasionally. When I have something to celebrate."
"And what are we celebrating tonight?" she asked as she sipped her wine.
"I don't know about you, but I'm celebrating being with the most beautiful woman in the world." She blushed and tried to recollect herself.
"You don't have to do this, you know?"
"I want to. You deserve the best."
"I'm already thoroughly impressed, Josh."
"I'm just getting started," he said with a smile.
The waiter returned later with plates full of food Rebecca couldn't identify. She looked questioningly at Josh and he smiled.
"It's best to just eat and enjoy. Don't worry about what it is."
She was skeptical, but tried a bite and found it to be the most delicious thing she had ever tasted. She remembered where she was and who she was with and was careful to take small dainty bites. After a few minutes, she found he was staring at her.
"What?" she asked and he blinked.
"I just love watching you eat," he sighed and she blushed.
"We've talked about this," she said softly.
"I know. I know. You're too modest," he said with a smile before continuing his meal.
Josh was careful not to let her see the check when it arrived and quickly paid. When the waiter returned with mints, Josh checked his gold watch.
"We better head out of here or we'll be late."
"There's more?" she asked surprised.
"Oh yes. This was just dinner."
He escorted her out of the restaurant and back into his car. This time, he only drove a few blocks before pulling in to another parking lot. She had never been here before, but immediately recognized the building in front of them. It was the philharmonic concert hall. Her heart gave a leap of excitement. Josh was admiring the affect it had on her face.
"I thought you'd like this."
"I haven't been to a concert in ages." She tried hard not to let him hear her surprise that he would ever even consider going to the philharmonic. They filed into the hall with hundreds of other couples dressed in their finest. She was even more shocked when the usher escorted toward the front of the hall.
"The Golden Circle?!" she said as they sat and the usher walked away.
"Is that what they call this," he said with a look that revealed he knew perfectly well what it was called.
"But how did you get tickets?"
"I have my ways," he said slyly.
The lights dimmed and the concert began. She let the music lift her soul and enjoyed the flood of emotions it provoked in her. Josh reached out and held her hand. Occasionally he would pull it to his lips and give it a soft kiss. She slipped a glance at him and found him as enthralled with the music as she was. He really was full of surprises. What else did she not know about him?
After the final standing ovation, Rebecca and Josh began inching their way through the crowd flowing out of the building. With no intention of joining the traffic jam already in progress, the couple lingered in front of the building. Josh held her and they swayed in time to the tune that had been imprinted in their mind during the concert. Neither said a word.
When the steady stream of traffic dwindled to a trickle, they made their way back to the car. They remained quiet for much of the drive. The night was drawing to a close and neither wanted it to end.
Josh pulled into his usual parking spot and turned off the car. Feeling a desperate need to get it said, Rebecca placed her hand upon his and spoke.
"I had a wonderful time tonight," she began.
"I'm glad. Somehow I thought you'd enjoy it."
"But you didn't have to go to that much trouble," she continued. "Really, it's all a bit much. I loved it and had a blast, but I had just as much fun getting a sandwich and going for a walk."
"I wanted to give you a special night."
"And you did. Thank you. Just know that you don't have to go to such extremes to make me happy." He opened his door and got out of the car, walking around to open hers. As she stood, he took her in his arms, held her tight and said,
"I would walk to the ends of the earth to make you happy." Then planted his lips on hers and kissed her passionately. She was caught off guard, but quickly melted into his embrace.

Chapter Eleven

Rebecca stumbled into her bedroom and fumbled for the light switch. She had heard of intoxicating kisses, but this was ridiculous. Her legs felt like jell-o and she could hardly see straight. Again she was disappointed that he had left so soon, yet grateful that he hadn't pressured her into anything. He had stayed for an hour. One incredible hour that made her shiver to think of it. Then, just when things were getting exceptionally exciting, he had called a halt to everything.
"I don't want to ruin this," he had told her.
She had reluctantly agreed and he kissed her goodbye before picking up his suit coat and walking out the door.
She sighed and finished undressing. She threw on a nightgown and crawled into bed. As she lay there reliving the hour in her mind, she realized she had left the light on.
"Get a grip on yourself," she muttered and grudgingly got up to turn off the light.
Her dreams that night were filled with moving pencil sketches of her time spent with Josh. However, unlike the true events of that evening, the dream Josh remained beyond one mere hour. Two sketched bodies intertwined in her mind's eye until morning when Rebecca awoke drenched in sweat and breathing heavily.
She sat up, realized it had all been a dream, and fell back on her pillow with a sigh. She waited until the pounding in her chest subsided before pulling herself out of bed.
Longing for the cool air, she ventured out on the patio. She looked out on the horizon and wondered what the day would bring her. Normally, she would grab her book and find a comfortable spot in the park to read. Somehow, she didn't think she would be able to do that today. She had far too many things running through her mind to focus on reading. Not to mention the constant feeling of being watched she would have to endure.
She longed to see Josh again, but convinced herself it was probably best to have a breather. The way she was feeling at that moment, she wasn't sure she would be able to control herself around him. She decided to take a long shower before determining what she would do that day.
As she was towel-drying her hair, she heard the phone ring. She quickly wrapped the towel around her hair and answered the phone.
"I hope you don't have plans today, 'cause I want details," Shelly's voice insisted.
"You're up early," Rebecca answered.
"Early? It's nearly noon!" And so it was. Rebecca hadn't realized how late it was and was shocked to find the day half over already.
"Wow, time flies," she muttered.
"Get ready. I'm coming over and we're having a girls' day."
"No, that's okay. I didn't have any plans or anything," Rebecca joked.
"Well, do you?"
"No."
"Okay then. Get ready." And she hung up. Rebecca smiled to herself and placed the phone back on the receiver. A girls' day was exactly what she needed.
She finished drying her hair, pulled it up in a pony tail, and threw on a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. She was tying the laces on her tennis shoes when Shelly arrived. Even when she was clearly dressed casually, she was remarkably well put-together. She also sported jeans and a tee shirt, but somehow the look was more flattering on her.
"Ready to go?" she asked impatiently.
"Just let me get my purse."
Shelly drove them to the local mall where they ate lunch in the food court. Shelly grabbed a salad while Rebecca opted for Chinese.
"So," Shelly prompted. "Was it absolutely wonderful?"
"It was," Rebecca grinned.
"Where'd you go?"
"He took me to some really fancy French restaurant downtown."
"No! I've wanted to go there for ages! Unfortunately, I never date men that can afford it."
"Who would have thought Josh could?"
"So, then what?"
"The philharmonic."
"Yawn." She quickly caught herself and added, "At least for me. It must have been really romantic for you."
"Of course."
"So... after the philharmonic..." Shelly's grin grew wider.
"We went back to my place."
"And did what?"
"I'm not about to discuss that," she said blushing. Those details were not something she felt like sharing.
"You didn't!"
"Well, no. Not exactly."
"What's that mean?"
"He played the gentleman again."
"You're kidding! But the evening was perfect, right?"
"Right."
"And you were all for it, right?"
"Right."
"So what's his problem?"
"That's just how he is, I guess." She didn't expect Shelly to understand this aspect of Josh. Shelly had never encountered a man who didn't instantly want to jump in bed with her.
"Is he a virgin?"
"You know, I've never considered asking." She had a gut feeling he wasn't, but didn't care one way or another.
"So, let me get this straight: you've landed yourself a rich hottie who is a hopeless romantic and very much a gentleman?"
"Looks like it."
"Some girls have all the fun," she pouted.
They wandered the mall for a few hours. Shelly insisted on taking Rebecca lingerie shopping. She giggled uncontrollably when Shelly had her try on a leopard print teddy. Finally they settled on a little red bra and panty set.
"It's way too conservative for my taste, but at least you can wear it under your clothes. You won't have to go change."
"I can't see myself doing that," Rebecca joked then added in a mocking seductive voice, "Excuse me, Josh. I'm going to go slip into something a little more comfortable."
They both laughed and Rebecca paid for the garment.
"Tell me how your evening went," Rebecca said as they browsed a clearance rack of summer dresses.
"Eduardo is an incredible dancer. You should try salsa dancing sometime. It's a blast and quite the workout."
"Sorry. Can't. Two left feet."
"We went back to my place afterward to cool off."
"Somehow I doubt you two 'cooled off'."
"Let's just say I now know why he can roll his R's as well as he does."
"Okay! Okay! You don't have to give me graphic detail."
"What graphic detail? I haven't even gotten started yet."
"Spare me."
"Okay, to summarize, he wasn't as much of a gentleman as Josh was." She said this with an air of triumph.
Later as they both were getting pedicures, Shelly brought up the subject Rebecca had been avoiding.
"Have you gotten anymore of those creepy drawings?"
"Actually, yes. On Thursday night."
"What was it this time?"
"Me standing in front of the library."
"Let me guess... standing next to a great black blob?"
"No. Completely alone. They had just ignored Josh's existence completely."
"Odd. Did you call that detective guy?"
"Why bother? It's nothing new. Just more of the same."
"I still don't see why they can't do something."
"No crime in drawing pictures."
"What are you going to do if they keep coming?"
"Live with it I guess."
Shelly dropped Rebecca off late that afternoon. Rebecca was torn. She secretly hoped to bump into Josh on the way to her apartment. Then again, she felt she still needed a little space. She was grateful she didn't have to make the decision and that it was completely out of her hands.
As it turned out, Josh was no where to be seen. Rebecca was able to spend a quiet evening at home. Surprisingly, even Lisa neglected to stop by for a visit. Rebecca ventured to her door and knocked, but received no answer.
Not until late that night did any sound come from Lisa's apartment. Rebecca woke when she heard raised voices through the wall that separated their apartments. She heard a door slam and rushed to the peephole for a look. She got there just in time to see a man rush by in a blur.
Worried about Lisa, Rebecca threw on her robe and went to see if she was okay. She knocked tentatively on the door.
"What?!" Lisa roared as she yanked open the door. Immediately she regretted this as she saw who it was that had been knocking.
"Oh, Rebecca! I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else."
"Is everything alright?" she asked sheepishly.
"Yeah."
"I heard yelling."
"That was nothing. Really."
"Who was that guy?"
"Just a guy." She had a guilty look on her face.
"All this time you've been lecturing me about Josh and you've got a mystery man at your house at two in the morning?" It was an accusation, but Rebecca kept a smile on her face. She knew better than to provoke when she was clearly in a bad mood.
"This is totally different."
However, Lisa was careful not to criticize Rebecca's relationship with Josh from then on.
© Copyright 2008 Esmerelda (enchanted0723 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467515-Artists-Rendering-Part-3