*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467790-Friendship
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1467790
It's always about you, isn't it?
“It always has to be about you, doesn't it?” Ean muttered, glaring at a picture of his best friend, “sometimes, I wish that you'd see how it feels like to be left in the dark.”

         It was as Ean and Kain were walking home that Ean's wish was granted. They didn't have time to react as two guys jumped out.

         “Well, look what we have here.” They smirked.

          A few days later the two found themselves locked in a cage in a very dark, damp room. Ean glanced at his friend, who was lying in a bloody heap, unconscious.

         The two men came back into the room, “here ya go,” one threw him some food.

         “What about my friend?' Ean demanded, “he hasn't eaten in two days.”

         “Your friend doesn't need any food,” the two smirked and Ean heard a gun shot go off. He looked at his friend as blood started coming out to mix with the red hair.

         A few days later they were found. Ean went to his friend's funeral, and watched as they lowered the casket in. It wasn't the last time he thought about his friend, but now nobody mentioned him.
words 160
© Copyright 2008 Victorie Sage Caden (gypsyrae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1467790-Friendship