*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468189-My-darker-desires
by irock
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Erotica · #1468189
It speaks of how the best of us can fall into temptation and don't want to get out of it.
My Darker Desires

She lay there on the couch like some erotic piece of sculpture, the sunlight from the window heightening her vivacious curves. One glance at her and my glance was trapped. How could anything so beautiful exist! I had never seen another like her.
My heart pounded, my fingers tingled for her touch, to feel her rich suppleness, to drink in her radiance. I wouldn’t take my eyes off her body.
She had lain there for quite some time and seemed so lazy. Till date many had seen her and may have felt like I did, and the longer my glance stayed on her, the more jealous I grew of their amorous, longing stares in her direction. Her sheen was so enchanting, there was something strange about it—it seemed to capture an ensnare my senses like some exquisite symphony. Its curves possessed a graceful fluidity, like a ballerina’s movements, like a figure skater’s performance, in sharp contrast and paradoxically in perfect harmony.
And yet, if I stared at her long enough I could see a black cloud—inside her? Was I hallucinating or was I too dazzled by her or was it perhaps my lust? I was suddenly thrown back, somebody lunged forward like a zombie, hands thrust out. The quiet serenity was abruptly slashed by blaring sirens, a cage rose up around her and it was then that I saw her for what she was!
Guilt rose like a python inside me, a face rose to confront me, my wife Nina’s face questioning my love for her. I dragged myself to where Nina stood and began to simper, “forgive me my dearest, I am sorry....I swear I’m true to you...” “what are you talking about Jim ? Of course I know you are true to me...what happened?” the curator of the museum came up and asked us to take a breath of fresh air in the garden outside—that should be able to wash off the after effects of staring at the ancient Egyptian emerald vase .It was claimed to be enchanted. “I’m sure if you had paid attention to the warning, you wouldn’t be this guilty”, he winked.
Nina flicked her eyes in mock accusation, as if asking, “and how do you propose to make up for this infidelity, huh?” I moved a step closer to her and crushed her in my arms and my life came rushing back to me. How could I have been so foolish, so daft to fall for whatever lay inside the vase? Maybe it just revealed my darker desires, or...
Nina whispered gently in my ear, “I love you”. Aah! Nothing else mattered....Or maybe I could just go back once and see who it was, you know, just once.....
© Copyright 2008 irock (irock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468189-My-darker-desires