*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468500-Alone
Rated: E · Monologue · Dark · #1468500
One can be alone even in the midst of thousands.
The feeling of aloneness begins to encroach upon my soul.
The realization of only my oneness creeps in and takes my thoughts.
I go to places in my soul one should never go alone but alone I go.
No one to follow. No one to share in the darkness.
My heart breaks from the silence of this aloneness.
No one hears. No one is here for the hearing. So alone I go again into this darkness.
Walking then running. Faster and farther in to this darkness of aloneness.
As if toward something, as if toward somebody,as if toward someone!
But no one is there; alone and still as I stop, panting and breathless from the traveling.
Alone in my travail I observed bright spots in my travel only to find upon approach the lack of an entrance.
An entrance never really meant for me but just the tease of hope.
Now once again after being accompanied only by this false hope,alone again alone.
Still traveling now slower, slower still from the anemia of this aloneness.
Tears now that now have turned to blood as they run down my pain striken face, falling to the ground forming a crimson Path for this aloneness to follow.
Where is the hope that I thought I saw.
Misguided thoughts mirages of my lonely mind.
Nothing and no one to see, alone.
Aloneness picks up my scent from my blood trail of tears.
I sense its nostrils flaring in the wind searching to find me.
Its approach and now hastens to draw closer to me.
In my despair it creeps in and now seizes me as though in battle.
A battle I fight alone with out hope, alone,with out help, alone.
The attacks come from every angle and reach there target with unavoidable accuracy.
Avoidance is impossible, impossible in this darkness.
No where to run,no one to run to.
No one to hold you as you suffer, suffer and lay slowly ever so slowly dieing from the fatal blow of this painful aloneness.
Now as I slip off in to what will surely be more darkness, the thoughts of what could have been, and of who could have been only exist to haunt.
Haunt me 'till this aloneness finally overcomes me and takes me away.
So hear I lay waiting, looking never seeing, hoping never realizing, needing never receiving just laying here with empty out stretched arms.Arms never to be filled.
Empty outstretched arms. Outstretched reaching until they collapse.
Just take me I scream to this darkness.
Then I hear its deep growl as it comes for me, as if it ever needed my permission to overtake me.
I now feel and smell the stench of its breath as it begins to devour me.
All of me, though it seems it has no taste for my filthy black,dark soul.
A soul so retched that even it will be separated and left behind and alone,even if it is only from the belly of this terrible darkness this terrible loneliness.
This Aloneness!

And so I am devoured.

Aloneness no more.
Aloneness never again.
I now belong.
I belong to this ONE this Aloneness.And this ONE this Aloneness belongs to me.
Now and forever never to be alone.


© Copyright 2008 R.F.Shaw (totalyfrankie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1468500-Alone