*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469546-Mom
Rated: E · Poetry · Family · #1469546
Just something I wrote for my moms birthday :)
My mom

You are the one that we take for granted.
You always help us with our homework.
You always get early up in the morning to make us lunch for school.
You always do our dirty laundry and iron our clothes.
It’s always you who cooks us food and brings it up in our rooms, when we’re too lazy to get it ourselves.
It’s always you who end up cleaning our rooms, because we keep saying “I’ll do it tomorrow.”
When we’re sick, you’re the one that takes care of us. You give us the medicine called motherly love, and you sit up with us all night when we have a fever or a tummy ache. You have gone out in the rain a gazillion times to get us anything that we want.
You’re the one that notices when we’re not feeling well, and you’re also the one that let’s us stay home from school, even though you know we’re not really ill.
You are the one that works day and night and still never refuses to buy anything we want.
You are the one that makes the good decisions, not us, because every time you have said “wear a jacket, it’ll rain” and we haven’t believed you, it has rained.
And every time you have told us to do something we didn’t want, it has always ended up with good results.
I can with sincerity say, that you are my inspiration to do good things in this world. Because of you I will follow through with everything I start, as you are always there to support me.
But it’s not just because of all these things that’s you’re a good mother.
No, what makes you a good mother is simply the fact that you’re YOU!
Mom, you are the best, and we love you.

© Copyright 2008 Snowflake (lara123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1469546-Mom