*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1470504-Letter-To-My-Daddy
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Family · #1470504
Losing a loved one
August 4, 2008






Dear Dad,

Daddy I know you have been there for me throughout my whole life. The best memories I have with you, was when I was a teenager playing softball. As far back as I can remember you didn't miss a game. The best memory about those years, was the day I was playing in a softball tournament. As we were warming up, you hit me a line drive straight down the third base line, only cause I was running off at the mouth. When I caught the ball, you couldn't believe it. You hugged me and told me how proud you were of me. That memory will stay with me forever. Another memory that comes to mind, is when I was playing middle school basketball. The game was at Manchester Elementary School. During that game you had me thrown out, by telling the referee off. I was so mad at you that day, but it was ok cause I got to play in the next game.

Another great memory that I would like to share is the day that I gave birth to my son.

I can remember thirteen years later, how you were telling me to push. I kept saying daddy I can't.

But finally on August 14, 1995 after 36 ½ hours later your first grandchild was born. I remember seeing the tears running down your face. I remember you holding Austin for the first time, and calling him Little Texas. Then he grew up, and became Truck Papaw's Boy.

Then on October 16,1999, I remember you being at the hospital when the doctor's told us that Austin had brain cancer, and was only given three to six months to live. Which was the worst day for our family. Then out of nowhere Austin became one of God's miracles. Then that name stuck with him forever. You told everyone that God healed him, and you know what daddy, I know in my heart that God did indeed heal Austin. You told me that all I have to do is pray.


Now the time has come, that we go our separate ways. I know deep down in my heart that you loved every one of us. I know this daddy cause that was the last thing that you said to me, on the day that you passed. I will always remember those words forever. I love you Ding Dong... I am 31 years old, and I know daddy, that you loved my three sisters, my brother, and me unconditionally, as well as all seven of your grandchildren. I just wanted everyone to know a little something about you, and just some of my greatest memories that we shared together. Now I have wonderful memories to tell my son, my niece's and nephew's about their grandfather.

I love you daddy and you will be in our heart's forever.

Love Always,

Your Ding-Dong

P.S

Daddy, tell Elvis hello, I can just see you too singing together.....
© Copyright 2008 Nevada Star (nevadastar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1470504-Letter-To-My-Daddy