*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471018-The-storm-chapter-6
Rated: · Other · Personal · #1471018
Bows and arrows.
Barb and Sir lived happily ever after. They loved each other so much that in due course of time passing and whatnot they were blessed with a little baby boy. This boy talked alot. He talked to everything, he didn't talk so much as tell. He was a teller, not a talker.
And on his third and a half bithday, when he got given a bow and arrow that his grampa made for him, he knew exactly what to do with it. He took it into his forest and held talks with the forest about things that had to be done, and he was dead serious. He was the law giver. He settled disputes. He was a hard man but he was a fair man. And that's all I know about the the man. Every morning he jumped out of bed and grabbed his bow and arrow and went to the 'office' as he called it. He had his favourite spot to listen to the forest. It was a nice little lump in the ground and he liked to sit on it. It was his hillock.
One day, while he was making his rounds, stalking the shrubs and joking with the birds before threatening to pop one of them with a quick arrow to butt(ocks) he came across a strange thing. For there, in that part of the forest on his small grassy knoll in the clearing it was unnaturally sunny and it made him a bit woozy. When he looked long enough he could make out the figure of a lady.
She must have been good at playing hide and seek because she really blended in to the surrounds quite marvellously. And he'd never seen her before. But there she was, standing on the grassy hillock with her hands down by her sides, waiting for him to come and sit down next to her. Dressed in green. Forest get-up. She did not so much talk to him as sort of say things in his head. He was blown away, awe stuck and damnified and he liked to sit there in front of her all day. He thought he knew it all until he met her, she sure showed him a thing or three.
You'd think that he might forsaken his duties but he didn't. She was telling him what was really going on. She was giving him lessons in leadership. And he was taking it all in.
© Copyright 2008 thebiga (thebiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1471018-The-storm-chapter-6