*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472666-A-Visit-to-the-Farm
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1472666
A story that needs vast improvement. Written for 2 kids, all ideas came from them.
Assistant Writers: Hunter Goring and Abbey Brewster

There once was a little boy named Hunter and a little girl named Abbey. They lived with their parents in New York City.
One day, they received a letter from their grandparents, asking them to come and visit them on their farm for a week.
“Can we go, Mom? Please?” Abbey and Hunter begged.
“Of course you may. Maybe Grandma and Grandpa will even take you two to the county fair while you’re there,” Mrs. Hayes answered.
“Yay!” they cried. “We’re going to the fair!”
Early the next morning, Hunter and Abbey jumped into the back seat of their dad, Tyler’s, bright red sports car, eager to get to their Grandparent’s farm.
They drove for what seemed like hours until they finally saw the bright red barn. Grandma and Grandpa were standing on the porch of the farmhouse, watching them drive up the road.
When the car stopped, Hunter and Abbey jumped out of the car and ran to their grandparents. “Hi Grandma, hi Grandpa! We’re here!” They yelled. They gave their grandma and grandpa big hugs.
“Welcome to the farm, kids. Are you ready for some fun?” Grandpa asked.
“Yes!” Hunter and Abbey said. They gave their mom and dad a hug before the parents left and they were all alone on the farm with their grandparents.
“What would you two like to do first?” Grandma asked.
“See the animals,” said Abbey.
“Explore the woods,” Hunter said.
Grandma and Grandpa looked at each other, smiling. “Well, I guess I could take Hunter exploring while you show Abbey the animals,” Grandpa said.
“Yay!” cried Hunter and Abbey as they ran inside to put away their things.
When they returned that evening, Hunter and Abbey told each other what they had seen.
“You won’t believe all the animals Grandma and Grandpa have!” said Abbey excitedly. “Horses, cows, ducks, chickens, goats, and pigs! And the barn cats were so cute! Grandma even let me try to milk one of the cows.”
“Well, Grandpa and I had an adventure. He showed me how to track animals and we saw three deer and some wild turkeys!” Hunter declared. “And Grandpa took me to the creek and we went fishing.”
“Wow!” Abbey said. “That sounds almost as much fun as seeing all the animals.”
“Hunter! Abbey!” Grandma called from the kitchen. “Supper time!”
Their tummies growled as they smelled the food waiting for them. “Race you,” Abbey said as they ran to the table.
After they had eaten, Grandpa spoke, “How would you two like to go to the fair tomorrow?”
“Yes!” exclaimed Hunter and Abbey. It was what they had been waiting for.
“Well, you better get to bed then. It‘ll be an early day tomorrow,” Grandma said.
“Goodnight Grandma! Goodnight Grandpa!” Abbey and Hunter said as they ran off to their beds.
The next day, Grandma, Grandpa, Hunter, and Abbey piled into Grandma’s small blue car and drove to the fair. Behind them, they pulled a trailer with their best cow, pig, and vegetables.
Hunter and Abbey had lots of fun riding all the carnival rides and playing the games. Abbey won a pink stuffed bunny playing ring-toss and Hunter won a toy dinosaur from the sack race.
They found Grandma and Grandpa at the judging pens, holding the two blue ribbons that their cow and pig had won.
The rest of their time on the farm they spent learning about it. They learned to gather eggs, milk the cows, and even to ride a horse. They had so much fun that, before they knew it, it was time to leave.
When their mom and dad came to pick them up, they told them all about the adventures they’d had on the farm and showed off their prizes.
As they rode home, Abbey and Hunter fell fast asleep, dreaming of the farm and all they’d learned there about farm life.
© Copyright 2008 The Artful Storm (theartfulstorm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472666-A-Visit-to-the-Farm