*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472776-Tale-of-the-Hidden-Dragon
by Holly
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1472776
What will you do to get back into your family?

Demetrius looked around, he didn’t trust this part of the woods – it had many spies and assassins lurking in the dark – He bared his naked sword and hissed, “Come on out! I know you’re there!” it was silence. Trees stopped swaying and the birds stopped chirping. The only thing that broke the silence was the crunching of dead leaves. Demetrius quickly turned around, no one. His eyes scanned the dense area. “Damn it…” he muttered. He took about three steps until a sweet voice – sounding like a female – filled the whole area.

“Traveler, you trespass. What’s your business?”

Demetrius tried to find the right words and then he said, “I am taking a shortcut across.”

His eyes still searching, he gripped his sword tighter. The female voice hadn’t responded yet, and which made Demetrius very nervous. He sighed and waited.

“I will let you pass, but first tell me your name.”

“My name is Demetrius, son of Calypso and Judan.”

“Noble blood, you’re by yourself, why?”

Demetrius looked away and stared at the ground. “I have been exiled from the kingdom. I search for peace and forgiveness. When I find them I will return,” his voice was getting softer.

“Where will you find it?” the voice said questioningly. Demetrius never thought of that before. He has been traveling for days not knowing.

“I am not sure, but it’s bound to find me or I find it,” his voice reassuring.

“I hope you find it. Go Demetrius son of Calypso and Judan, may your travels be less weary.” The voice faded away and the forest became lighter, birds were chirping again and the trees swayed as the wind blew. Hours passed by and Demetrius has finally reached the exit. He smiled and walked out. When he did, the sun greeted him with its strong rays. Demetrius placed his hand on his brow and looked around. He could just see plains of green fields, and one small town.
© Copyright 2008 Holly (psyholls00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472776-Tale-of-the-Hidden-Dragon