*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472991-Earths-Death
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1472991
Are we good enough to be slaves?
    “Sigh, another planet, another slave.” I muttered to myself, as I looked out of the poly meteor window. I turn to our leader, Zaw-wak, who had a gleeful look on his face.
    “Alright, surraks and furruks, let’s bag us another planet. This will be fun. It’s been millennia since we last got a planet. Who knew there would be something this far out this many galaxies away.” Zaw-wak announced in his booming voice. His lifemate turned to him with a frown marring her smooth blue skin.
      “Don’t you think we should send an envoy, to make sure they are worthy of conquering? What if they are too primitive to learn how to serve us in the correct way? We need someone to scope out how these creatures act and if they are worthy.” Zaw-wak stated in her soft, raspy voice.
      All the surraks look towards me. I would be the perfect choice, of course. I am the abnormal surrak. I have paler skin than most, and weird little furs growing on my head of all places. I’m the one who most resembles these nasty-looking slaves. I heave a huge sigh. I hate being different.
    Soon I reach the planet. I use my faze-o-meter to make me resemble them even more. Soon I was walking among them. A strange four legged metal creature runs up close to me. I see there is one of the creatures inside. Soon the metallic beast screeches out a wild note at me.
    “Hey, move it buddy!!” Shouts the creature inside the beast. My translator communicates the person’s words into an intelligent language. I slowly move to the other side and watch as the beast runs fast towards a crowd of others.
    “They must be congregating.” I speak into the microphone to tell my leader what had happened. I quickly go to a spot where there are no metallic beasts and listen to what the creatures say.
      “So, I was like, what do you want to do, and he was like, I don’t know, what do you want to do, and then I was like, how ‘bout a movie? And so we saw that new movie, what’s it called, with Orlando Bloom, and oh, who cares? Any who, I loved it and…” 
    The conversation moved away and I shook my head. I couldn’t make any sense out of it. What are “movies”? Was it some sort of mating ritual? I needed more information. I continued my journey, seeing females in some sort of short material that covered nothing whatsoever. The males of the species wore some sort of rough material around their knees with white material showing through. This way of dressing irritated me to no end, though I had no reason to feel that way.
      I saw what they call “druggies” using thin metal rods to shot chemicals into their blood stream. I used my visual specks to see the trail that led to the heart. My life counter for this “human” went down from ten years to ten minutes.
    “They’re killing themselves,” I murmured. I turn and continue my trip. I soon see two “people” in a dark space between two tall rock structures. One was holding a small metal piece in his hand, and pointing it at the other one. The other one soon handed over a cloth sack and the one with the metal piece soon took out another thinner piece of metal, which resembled our metal called core. He then pushed the device into the one with the sack. She tumbled to the ground, a red substance flowing out of her. My death counter showed that her 50 years had gone down to zero.
    “This species will kill itself out in less than three millennia.” I quickly called in to the ship. “I’m coming back to make my report.”
They swiftly beamed me up, and turned to stare at me. I hate being the center of attention.
    “Well, what’s your diagnoses?” asked Zaw-wak. His lifemate turned to him. “Hush, Zaw-wak, let the poor boy talk.” She scolded, and then turned to me. “We’re waiting.” She said impatiently. Zaw-wak snorted his amusement and she blushed a bright purple.
      “I believe that this race is not worth the cost in food it would take to keep them. They kill themselves and each other with little thought as to the consequences. I think we should keep searching for better behaved slaves, with better sense, or at least a little trainable. And with better fashion sense.” I told the entire present company. And being the trustworthy surrak that I am, they believed me. We were soon heading of to the next galaxy, and the next planet.
© Copyright 2008 EricaShusuke (hpwillneverdie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1472991-Earths-Death