*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473183-To-Be-a-Cantaloupe
by Chuck
Rated: ASR · Other · Satire · #1473183
Just a little satiric blurb about public reaction to walking cantaloupes. Kinda cute
I've often wondered what it would be like to be a cantaloupe. Could you imagine the reaction to a cantaloupe just walking down the road? And then, would the cantaloupe be cut in half or just walking, peel on? Then, the other issue would be the jealously factor of the other melons.

Wouldn't the watermelon be upset that, he too, couldn't stride down Main Street at his leisure? I would think that he would be. Similarly, mangos might also be disturbed because of their natural fondness to walking... and to Main Street. The only solution that I've been able to come up with is that we need to start the CPP.

What's the CPP, you ask? Well, I'm so glad that you asked. The CPP is the Cantaloupe Protection Program. There, the cantaloupes can be themselves without any fear of retaliation from mango gangs. We could fit them into suits, though with that large waistline, that might become an issue, and then give them a parasol to tote around to guard them from both the elements and anti-cantaloupians, fruits that dislike the idea of cantaloupes running free.

Now, not all people would think about cantaloupes like this, but I would... because I'm special that way. But... not that you think of it, wouldn't that be neat? C'mon, you can admit it!
© Copyright 2008 Chuck (ccatania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473183-To-Be-a-Cantaloupe