*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473671-Write-My-Words
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1473671
Imagine: One man's vision as he was "Called to Write."
Write My Words


         The air was filled with billowing clouds of sweet-smelling incense.  Luminescent light permeated the atmosphere; the core of it seemed to be coming from the center of the room.

         I peered intently through the fog to see what lay amidst the brilliance, but the intensity of it forced me to cover my eyes with my uplifted arm.

         The sound of many waters overwhelmed my thoughts and I hastened to cup my ears and closed my tearing eyes.  Then, with increasing volume I could hear what sounded like a distant thunder – it rolled from the mist in the direction of the light.

         I could sense it was the Glory of the Lord surrounding me and out of the thunder I heard the Lord’s voice uttering words of wisdom and instruction.

         My mind was whirling and my knees weakened as I drew closer.  I was frightened, but curious so I gingerly crept forward.  Through the mist, I was able to see them … men and women alike, sitting attentively in an unbroken circle.  Their gaze was fixed on the Lord of Light.

         “Make way for the newcomer.”  The Lord said.  With that, the people shifted to make room for me to sit.

         “What is going on here?”  I whispered to the one to my right.  Without breaking her gaze, the woman silenced me and uttered quietly, “Just listen.”

         By now my eyes had adjusted and I could see the people encircled about Him.  Some of the men were robed in ancient-looking attire, while others were dressed in a more modern style.  Some of the women also were bedecked in jewels fit for a queen while others were dressed in casual clothing.

         The thundering voice of God was speaking.  The Lord of Heaven was conversing about the use of words… words of life, love, healing and instructions...

         “I have called you all here today to remind you of the importance of your calling.  Long ago I set the example for you by communicating to my people on tablets of stone through the written word; the ancient Book of the Law.  By those words my people learned the meaning of sin.

         Belshazzar was warned of impending doom when he witnessed my handwriting on the brick walls of his room. 

         The words that I speak, the love I have expressed, the instructions for obtaining a life that pleases me; all these things I have chosen to communicate to my people through the written and spoken word.
          
         So today, I remind you of the admonition I gave to my servant, Isaiah long ago…

         “Now go, write it on a tablet before them and inscribe it on a scroll, that it may serve in the time to come as a witness forever.”  Isaiah 30:3 (NAS)
© Copyright 2008 Lambkeeper (lambkeeper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1473671-Write-My-Words