*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474536-Preface
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1474536
Prince Gabriel, disowned by his family, begins a long journey to seek after his vendetta
From the beginning of existence, which had no start, nor an end, there was only black, and only light.

The light broke through the darkness, so effulgent and blinding.  While it had the force to reveal what lay hidden, it was shown that nothing was veiled by the darkness, and so there existed even in the earliest state of being, nothing.  And nothing was darkness.  Darkness then, was the lack of love, the lack of care, the lack of being.

When light shed forth, the contra of darkness, it started from the beginning also.  The first law of existence evoked it's genesis, it was the counterpart of the black veil, a necessary entity as deemed by this statute.  This law acclaimed the opposition of all things.  For without blackness, there would need be light, and for light, blackness, or else by what means could either exist?   

Of course the darkness existed, in it's nullfied state of dormant effect.  To not exist was to exist, and this was the quality of darkness. This, of course was countered by the light.  And from the light came all creation, and from the darkness was wrought destruction.  Yet, between these two medians, there was no compromise.  And so, from the light, purveyor of creation, was begat a Cosmic Being, granted power to create outlets for the distribution of these forces so that each may be concentrated without the two abolishing one another. 

This Cosmic Being created by the light, was not a neutral entity.  Rather a source of power and good, of creation.  Worlds were created at His hand and beings were created in the semblance of his own grace.  These were led in the ways of light by his admonitions, even so much that they worshiped him.  And the name they called Him was God.

Of all these worlds, there was the Prime-World, the world where all of existence was centralized.  From this planet, also called earth, was born the one who died for the sins of man and took on their pain. This provided them agency, the choice to seal each his own eternal fate by way of their deeds.

As Light begat the One called God, so too did Darkness, through the power of God, create the Adversary. The Dark Lord.  The opposition of God and all the good He sought to bring to pass.

From the dawn of creation, it was man's constant struggle to claim his right to the Kingdom, to his salvation.  God admonished man that they should seek to follow in his ways, but the Dark Lord thwarted God's grand designs at every chance.  Conflict existed as long as man was granted his own arbitration.  Through all the days did this battle rage, til the last day, Judgement Day.  The concourses of man came together on this time to be granted admittance to whichever Kingdom they were intended by way of their actions.

Some were sent to the Kingdom of the Dark Lord, while others entered the Kingdom of Heaven.  When man was judged, he was placed in heaven with a specific rank, as acquired by one's previous deeds and wisdom.  There were five among all the children of men who had dominion over those others.  Of those, there were two which stood apart.  By name, they were known as Lukin and Sepraphine.  Their reign in the kingdom was short-lived and they fell away, being so led up in their own foolish pride that they deemed themselves mightier than God and his Annointed One.  God, as punishment for their brief rebellion, cast them off from his presence. 

The Prime-World, Earth, was still in existence, and to such a solitary realm were they cast off, their glories stripped from them.  But they were not powerless.  By his infinite wisdom, God granted them their powers of creation, cursing them that as long as they were merged together, they might never use those abilities to any desired effect.  Inhabiting one immortal body, Legion, Lukin and Sepraphine fell from the skies and came to earth, alone, without ability.  But to them came a people that for a time regarded them as a God.  Legion came to their own realization that man had come to exist upon the earth by the accidental use of their powers.  And so man resided on the earth for thousands of years, Godless, without purpose except to live and die.  None but Legion with the knowledge to bring favor from God and grant the opportunity unto these children to find the path to heaven.  But as the people of the Earth came to know, Legion was not a God.  They would never know the ways of good as Legion would never redeem for his sins and win back favor.  For thousands of years, he lived among the creatures of the woods, shunned by his people til one day to him came his saving grace. . .
© Copyright 2008 Gabriel (gabrield at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474536-Preface