*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474758-Running-from-life-chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1474758
the first chapter from "Running from life"
        Lying in my arms was this beautiful, vaurnable baby, sitting in the chair next to me was my husband. Tears were running down my face, the nurses asumed they were tears of joy , but truthfully they were tears of fear.

        She was light in my arms, only 6lbs 3 ounces, she could easly be hurt, easily be killed.How could I have brought this baby into my personal hell? If he didn't get arrested before we went home, who knows how long she'll live.

        "What are we going to name her?" Kyle asked me, compleatly ignorant of my fear.

        "Nicole marie." I'd picked the name last week, before I was able to run away.

        "Such a beautiful name for such a beautiful baby girl." he said, tearing up himself.

        Then his stomache growled.

        "Hun, why don't you go down stairs and eat?" This was my one chance to get him away.

        He thought it over, "Ya, your right..." he kissed her forehead, then my lips. "I love you girls"

        "Just as we love you." I lied. His lips would never touch her again.

        As he walked out of the room I pressed the nurses assistance button. As she came in i handed her the baby. I would rename her later.

        "I want my husband out of here, call the police, tell them my name and that he is here." I started hyperventalating.

        She nodded and took the baby to the nursery, where she would be safe.

        Hopefully.

        The nurse came back in about twenty minutes later.

        "The police are on thier way and gaurds have been placed at the nursery door and your door. You are safe and so is your daughter. What did you name her?" She asked.

        "Allyssa Beth. A-l-l-y-s-s-a."

        "Such a pretty name. Did you name her after some one special?" I could tell that she was trying to comfort me.

        "She was named after my mother. Please don't tell him I changed her name. I don't want him to ever see her again. As soon as possible I'll be changing my name and we'll be moving."

        "I'll make sure he doesn't know a thing." She promised. "Would you like Nicole, er, Allyssa to be in here?"

        "I want her in the safest place possible. Where, in your opion, would that be?"

        "Probably in here."

        "Then I want her in here." I was confident she would be safe.

        The nurse came back with with Allyssa safely in her arms.

        I carefully held her in my arms, and the tears of joy finially came.   
© Copyright 2008 Megan Calico (bugcmain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1474758-Running-from-life-chapter-1