*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475330-Working-on-it
by c2daM
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1475330
Girl meets boy online. will it work?
      Claire was finally on her own. She had managed to save enough money from 2 part time jobs to find an apartment and move in with her best friend Lily. Claire was 19, and had started at a community college a few weeks ago. Lily was a year older, and was at her second year of college at a prestigious university paid for by her guilt ridden father who was a wealthy investment banker. "Well, what shall we start with first?" Lily asked in her perfect English."Shall? Wow... I think you were British in your other life. Anyways, lets just set up shop and then we can talk about making it pretty. I get dibs on the back bedroom. You ALWAYS come home late, I think i can do without hearing you come in at 3am. Deal?" Claire suggested, watching Lily's face for some kind of reaction. Her green eyes shone brightly and she smiled. "Deal... And i thought you were going to give me some kind of lecture and a curfew... You're easier than Daddy" Lily scoffed with a laugh. Claire rolled her eyes, her friend was too much of a party animal. She didnt even know how they had ended up being friends in the first place.
      Claire had been born and raised in NYC to dominican parents. When Claire was seven her parents tried having another child, to no avail. Claire's mom deposited all of her energy into raising Claire, keeping house and starting a boutique after the failed pregnancy. As for her father, Claire only saw him on the weekends, because he too was busy with 2 jobs and technical school. By the time Claire reached high school, things got better. She had excellent grades and had managed to get into an elite school with a scholarship.
© Copyright 2008 c2daM (c2dam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475330-Working-on-it