*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475438-Diary-of-a-Rebel-Stand-Alone
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1475438
Chap. 1 Peter White's beginning.
Nov. 3, 2028

My name is Peter White, and I am going to begin this diary simply by telling you my reasons behind it. I am writing this diary for a many number of reasons:

1. I never want to be forgotten.
2. I want to show the true horror behind the U.A. (United America)
3. I want to show the reasons I take action to myself.

As years went on and the United State’s economy fell due to war and gas prices, we began to look anywhere we could for relief – anywhere we could find it. Eventually, we found a man who calls himself Dr. Smith. Dr. Smith was a ruler from Rome who, once in power, seemed to make all of the United State’s problems go away. He found a way to bring oil prices down for us, find alternative fuels, and stop war in the Middle East. No one knew how he did it and even less people wondered about it. As his praise grew, so did his rush for total control.

After many weeks, he took people’s guns and - saying guns in the wrong hands only begin war - armed those whom he chose. He outfitted them with pistols that would only fire if the owner’s fingerprint matched the one embedded in the scanner. He armed his own police force known as, The Dark. They created a curfew requiring people to be inside by 10:00 pm. Here is the sign of The Dark:



This law caused some to rebel, but they were quickly crushed by the powers of The Dark. Since the fall of the first rebellions, none have had courage to stand up to them. All seem to cower in the face of this power-hungry police force. But I will not be one to fail where the others have. The final reason for this diary is to keep record of my rebellion against The Dark, Dr. Smith, and the U.A. If I fail, it could mean the death of Cam, me, and America.

Nov. 4, 2028

Today I sat and plotted where to begin my rebellion. I decided there was no better place than where it had all begun for me.

As Dr. Smith’s power grew, he decided he should be the one to choose where people work. I was quickly removed from my fine construction job, to one where it was necessary to learn nuclear physics and chemistry. A big mistake on his part. I quickly came to hate the job and voiced my hatred to coworkers. One day, I took an unscheduled break. A security guard quickly intervened and proceeded by beating me diligently with his baton. I took the case to my boss and told him how the guard had beaten me, how I hated my job, and how I was prepared to take this case public.

My boss took this case straight to Dr. Smith, who then decided to make a deal with me. I could choose to do whatever job I desired, but there was a condition. I had to keep my mouth shut about this “little incident”, as he had called it. I agreed, but he quickly laid down the rules. Basically, I had to stay in the same building. So, I choose to take a job repairing damage and fixing any problems that had arose within the building.

This situation went well for a few weeks, until they decided they no longer need someone to repair the building. I was sent back to my old job. At once, I became enraged and rammed my way into the boss’ office.

I yelled, “What the hell is this?”
He beamed back, “Go back to your station or suffer the consequences.”

I wasn’t about to go anywhere. When the boss realized this, he signaled guards to my left and right. They moved in with batons raised. I promptly decided not to give in and to fight back. My bad. I jammed my fist into the left guard's stomach and took his baton directly from his hand. I then remembered about the guard to my right, who with bone shattering force brought the baton down on the back of my head. I felt as if he had just split my skull in two. As I fell to my stomach, I felt blood begin to drip through my hair and down my neck.

Right guard continued his frenzy of relentless blows on me. By this time, the left guard had picked up his baton and joined the right guard in the beating of my head and back. After thoroughly beating me, they tossed me out the front door of the medical labs. Leaving me with a farewell of, “See you here for work tomorrow.” Once I gained back enough strength to walk my sorry self home, I made my way home where I cleaned up before Cam, my fiancĂ©, could get back from her job.

Once cleaned, I decided on my new plan of action. I was going to rebel. Step one had now begun and I was never going back to that job. Not even if they came to my house and put a gun to my head.
© Copyright 2008 A Taste of Chaos (becharger201 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475438-Diary-of-a-Rebel-Stand-Alone