*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475821-Expect-the-Unexpected
Rated: E · Short Story · Teen · #1475821
A Short story i wrote for L.A. class. It is not my best but it is still ok.
         It was just another typical day at Kirkwood High School. Everyone was rushing from one class to another, couples were standing by the lockers making eyes at each other, the other kids were sitting on the stairs talking, and popular girls nearly running over other kids while texting.  Yes, your typical high school day. Teacher think it is a nightmare, while kids  have the times of their lives while not in class. So now it is first hour and everyone is running off to class.

         “Okay class, get out your textbooks and do problems 1-78 on pages 349 through 352,” said Mr. Jones.

“Ugh,” the class grunted in unison, everyone but Joe, who was practically on the floor trying not to be caught listening to his I-pod.

         BAM! Joe had slide down so far in his chair, he finally hit the ground with a loud bang. He shoved his I-pod into his pocket as fast as he could so he wouldn’t be caught. Mr. Jones asked with concern,

         “Joe, are you alright back there.”

         “Yea, I’m fine. I just hurt my a…., I mean, butt,” said Joe.

         “Smooth, Joe. Great job,” whispered Sam through his laughter. He took great joy in seeing his friend make a fool of himself.

         Kathleen was laughing the loudest, most likely because she despised Joe. The reason being he recorded he having a private moment. She thought everyone was gone, and the loudspeaker out in the court yard was still playing music. Her favorite song, “See You Again” by Miley Cyrus was playing. She screaming and started dancing. Joe was getting out of football practice early and happened to see this. So he took out his phone and recorded almost the whole thing. He put it up on YouTube later that night.  After a few days pasted, everyone was mocking her in the hall, dancing like she had on the video, and singing the song. When she got to study hall her friends told her the whole thing and was three miles past angry. She didn’t know what to do. She knew she couldn’t take on Joe, since he was the quarterback of the football team, at the time. So for months she keep a close eye on Joe looking for some dirt to get him in trouble.

         She found her dirt in mid-spring. She found out he was paying some kid to do all his homework for him. So the next day she hid in the bushes where he usually meet the kid for the trade. She taped it and then showed it to the principal. The principal suspended him for one month. He wasn’t to mad until he found out he was kicked off the football team.  He was furious.

         BBBBBBBRRINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG! Now it was lunch time. Joe was walking to his table to eat. Sam thought it would be funny to trip Joe and see him trip and land in his food. Only problem was that Kathleen was coming in Joe’s direction. Sam thought it would be even funnier if Joe fell on Kathleen so both of them would be covered in food. So Sam went a head and tripped Joe, or at least tried too. Joe was able to kept his balance, but his food went flying and landed all over Kathleen. Kathleen thought this was on purpose and threw he food at Joe ducked and it hit some other kid in the face. 

         “FOOD FIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,” was the next thing anyone heard before everyone started throwing  food at each other.  This food fight lasted a good 5 minutes before the principal came into the cafeteria settled everyone down. He was furious and asked who started this mess. Everyone pointed to Kathleen and Joe. Joe and Kathleen tried to explain to the principal why this happened, but he stopped them before the got out not even ten words. He made them stay after school and clean the cafeteria until it was spotless and he also gave them 2 weeks of detention. So the rest of the day continued as normally as it could. At the end of the day, Kathleen and Joe met Rusty, the Janitor, for supplies and instructions on what to do.  After twenty minutes Rusty left and Kathleen and Joe got to work.

         “Why did you throw you food at me,” asked Kathleen with a disgusted look on her face.

         “ I really didn’t mean to, my friend tried to trip me and I was trying keep my balance. The next thing I know, I saw my food landing on you. I am really sorry about this whole mess and about before.” said Joe with sincerity.

         “ What did you do befor…, ohh right, yea. And I’m sorry for ratting you out and getting you kicked off the football team,” said Kathleen with deep compassion.

         “Well, actually I think I should thank you for that, my grade are getting better and I am doing better in school.”

         “ Well, I think we should get the mess clean up. It’s going on four.”

         “ Seriously. Wow. Time flew by, I guess we are having fun, huh.”

         “Ha. Yea I guess we are.” said Kathleen with a giggle.

         Over the next week Kathleen and Joe became great and fast friends. The next week they became more than friends. They were boyfriend and girlfriend. They became part of the group that stands in the hall and makes eyes at each other. It was just another typical day at Kirkwood High School.

© Copyright 2008 Dan Y Y (d-y-y at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1475821-Expect-the-Unexpected