*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1476327-Silver-Tears
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1476327
A flash fiction horror story about a zombie unicorn who goes on a rampage.
         A streak of silver flashed past the black robed man.  He launched himself at it, catching hold of its silken tail.  The creature reared in protest, attempting to shake him off.  The ebon clad man hung on until the creature tired.  He wrestled it down; it flicked its head in anger.
         The man raised his iron kris and drove it into the flesh of the horned gelding.  He carved out its pulsing heart, burying it in the earth.  A gurgling noise emanated from his throat as he began to chant in Breton.
         The dead unicorn rose and stared blankly into the forest.  Moments later, the necromancer began chanting again, watching as the unicorn ran off into the forest towards a small village.  Screams of the townsfolk pierced the silence of the forest.  The undead unicorn ran rampant in the town, using hooves, horn, and teeth to massacre the villagers.  The gelding attacked a mother of two children who fought back to protect their mother.  The twins stood abreast before their mother as the unicorn reared and lashed out with its hooves.  Each hoof split the skull of one child or the other.
         Tears rolled down the mother’s face as she wept silently for her children.  The unicorn halted in its destruction for a single moment, bent its head to inhale the woman’s redolent of flesh, and lacerated her skull.  With the last of the villagers dead, the zombified unicorn returned to the necromancer and his throaty chants. 
         The necromancer moved towards the unicorn.  The unicorn had done his work well.  There was no one alive within a day’s walking distance; no one to hear the necromancer cry out in agony as the unicorn impaled him.  It sank its incisors deep into the necromancer’s soft flesh.  Only bone and entrails were left of the man when the unicorn had finished its meal.  Once it had eaten its fill, the unicorn wandered off into the forest, terrorizing the creatures of the woodland.
© Copyright 2008 Serenity Chastain (sistercather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1476327-Silver-Tears