*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1476349-Gossip-Camp
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #1476349
Boys, Bunk, Friendship, Sisterhood.
                                                                  Chapter 1 

      I woke up with the sound of birds chiping outside my window. Ugh, I forgot to close my window last night! I hear footsteps scurrying through the hall. Mom. "Wake up, hon!" she calls. I close my eyes and wish I didn't have to go to camp today for the whole entire summer. I mean, what about my friends, my dog...Everything. Mom tells me, "you'll meet lots of new friends at Camp Seggie. You're a smart, pretty, and great girl." Of course she says that, she's my mom. I get up off my comfy, warm bed, and change into my clothes. Should I go for the casual, comfortable look? Or the smart, preppy look? I shrug, and put on my bootcut jeans and green polo. I walk down the hall to the kitchen and instantly get the sweet smell of waffles cooking. I tie my thin, brown hair up in a messy bun and put my bangs in a bobby-pin. My dad serves me a waffle and pours maple syrup on the top. "Thanks.." I mumble, stuffing my face. My little sister, Maria, starts playing the piano. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Getting my last piano playing in for the summer," she smartly replies. Maria is younger than me by two years, and my mom always makes me babysit and look out for her. Maria hates that, and I do too. My mother turns on the car and tells us to get in quickly. We're always late for events, and I told her to make sure we're not late for camp. What kind of impression would that make? I walk outside and the cool, crisp air brushes up against my face. Maria hops in the backseat, me in the front.  Mom is such a slow driver, and even though we left ten minutes early, we were still late getting to Camp Seggie.



      We pull into a gravel driveway and "Camp Seggie" is written in stone. Everyone is hurrying around, trying to find where to go. We all get out of the car and mom signs in for us. After that, she kneels down and says goodbye to Maria and I. "Take care of her, Emma," mom says to me. Maria and I both roll out eyes.

"I can take care of myself," Maria mumbles. I hoped mom didn't hear, either my wish came true, or she just ignored that comment. "Okay then, buh-bye!" A young woman came running over to us, I'd say in her twenties.

"Hi, what's your names?" she asked. I smiled, and was glad someone finally came over to welcome me.

"I'm Emma, this is my little sister Maria. I'm 12 and she's 10." The woman nodded.

"Well, I'm Rachel, you're Bunk Conceller, Emma. I'll talk to you later," Rachel waved bye then hurried off again. I smiled at Maria, and then she found some friends to hang out with. Wait. I'm the older sister, how come I'm the one standing alone in the middle of camp?



                                                            Chapter 2

    I try to cover up that I'm alone, and head to my bunk. Just to see what it's like. I look around wishing my best friend Jenna was here. I see carved in wood "Bunk 13" on the side of the wall. "That's me," I say. I open the door, and peek in. Nobodies there. A feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around. It's Rachel. "The bus doesn't arrive for another ten minutes. Then all your friends will be here." Friends?

"Oh, okay." I reply quickly, wishing Maria would come back. I decide to take a tour around my new home for the summer. It has two bunks, and one single bed. Should I call the single bed now? Nah...I don't want to be known as the snob of the bunk. I look to the side and there's 5 cubbies with our names on them. I don't know any of the names. That's wonderful news! Just so you know, I'm very sarcastic. There's also a closet and very small TV, which I know only has two channels, CBC and CTV. Two news channels for the whole summer? Whoo-hoo? I hear a screech and look outside the window. Four buses pull into camp. There's 6 buses in all, and others are driving with there parents, like me. I also heard a few are taking a train. Good luck with that. Everyone gets off the bus, and then I see Brett. He was in my class last year and I love him. Litterly. Nobody knows I like, like him except me, my teddy bear, and my dog. I know, it's sad. I decide to keep my mind off him, and wait in the bunk. A hear a knock at the door and start to panic. This could be my first bunk-mate. I have to make a good impression! I calm down, and open the door to a friendly blonde haired girl. "Hey! Is this your bunk, too?" she asks.

"Yah, I guess so..." She smiles and drops her bags in the middle of the floor.

"I'm Tessa. This is my second year here at Camp Seggie!" I nod and tell her my name.



To be continued....
© Copyright 2008 *kendra (doglover7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1476349-Gossip-Camp