*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1477582-Out-of-my-mind-and-into-the-world
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1477582
That horrible feeling called "love".
If only I could live forever in the memory, in the moment, in the ecstasy of those lovely nights.  I hold on to the last seconds before it’s time to say goodbye; I feel it in every bone when you’re away from eye sight. 

It must be interesting to look at me while I am thinking of you.  There is no way I can hide what’s in my mind, when I feel you against my skin, even though I don’t even know where you are. 

It saddens me deeply when I talk myself into reality and think about all the things we will never have; all the things that we will never know and we will never share and never learn.  I can touch you, but not wholly.  I can confide in you, but I can’t have you. 

I can dream, I can let my imagination wander… and I can see this is where “us” will always reside.  We will be for as long as my heart permits a wonderful picture framed by my mind, gracefully colored by this love… encouraged and admired by you.

We will never get out of here – of in here.  I want you out of my mind.  I want you into reality.  I want you to be reality – the reality I wish I could magically transfer from my dreams into this world.

Do we not deserve to learn what could happen?  Do we not deserve to be given a chance?  Do we not deserve to have the right to, at least, allow ourselves to childish magical thinking? 

Do you wish what I wish?
© Copyright 2008 E. Dane (cwirkala at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1477582-Out-of-my-mind-and-into-the-world