*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1477893-Jack-and-Jill-Remix
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1477893
This was an English assignment. twist on a nursery ryhme.
Jack and Jill were walking towards Mother Goose’s house for cookies and tea. On the way to the party there was a lot of traffic in front of them because Humpty Dumpty had fallen off the wall and all the kings horses and all the kings men were blocking the path. I am not waiting in all this traffic, thought Jill, instead I’ll park the car at Goldilocks’ pad and we can walk up Nursery Hill. “Let’s take go up the hill to get to Goose’s. I can fetch a pail of water while I’m up there!” Jill says while Jack started sprinting. She couldn’t make out what he said but she thought he said I’ll race you. Jill started running and was already in front of Jack (she was always the fastest runner in her family). All of the sudden Jack trips and falls and starts rolling down the hill, landing on his head. Jill was not paying attention to what was in front of her and she accidentally ran into Goose. She starting barrel rolling down the hill and rolled smack into Jack. Jack was rushed to the local hospital where they bandage him up and when they finally arrived at Goose’s house, everyone had already left. The moral of this story is to be patient and not try to always take the shortest route.
© Copyright 2008 Bethany Girl (bbeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1477893-Jack-and-Jill-Remix