*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478447-Black-Diamond
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #1478447
Story of a single, black woman and her independent nature
When would women realize that sex wasn't a bed partner of love or an ultimatum for a man to decide when he was going to love you back? Every man that Maxine had ever been involved with in the 34 years she had been alive, had lived up to the category of a "dog". Fornicators. Adulterers. The ideal man she was looking for kept his family first, was successful, had goals for himself, and treated her like royalty.In the eye of the beholder, who was she to judge? For some reason those were the men she craved the most. Any man that Maxine became involved with had to commit to her and only her. Funny thing is, she was always with someone else's man. Quite a role to live up to...being the other woman. Being the other woman was something Maxine had been accustomed to for quite some time now. It had definitly begun to play out now. Besides,she was getting older, and had become very successful at her job as a banker, and she was now looking for someone to share that with. Of course, not just anyone. She wanted a man that was confident. A man who walked with confidence in his step but at the same time wasnt a jerk. He would be humble and pleasant but not the "goodie-goodie" type. She wanted a bad boy, but a respectable man. Someone she could sometimes love more than herself, more than life, and more than money. Maxine had always developed a partnership or a platonic friendship with many of the men she dated, and from there it usually turned into a wild, sexual escapade. When she was younger this was something Maxine to submit to, but times have changed and men have still stayed the way they are. Maxine had convinced herself that she was going to have to find away to deal with that yearning of companionship and sexual lust until she found someone who was worthy of her dealings.
      Maxine had fell so deep in thought about her misgivings of not finding a man that she hadn't realized that a crowd of customers were starting to fill up inside the bank where she worked. She had met many decent, professional looking men inside of the bank as they came to make deposits and withdrawals. Most of them were married or were complete jerks that were so full of themselves, she didnt bother to waste her time. Maxine leaned forward in her big leather recliner that sat in her office and stared dreamily out the big bank window. She gazed down at the parking lot and saw the most beautiful chocolate man she had ever seen in her life. He was absolutley stunning! The man was parked across the street getting out of his shiny pearl-colored Avalanche, as he was adjusting his tie. He was very clean cut, his clothes were sharp and crisp, had a fresh haircut and a swagger to make you absolutely melt. Although he looked fairly young, she thought. Maxine rarely dated men that were younger than her. She always felt that she didnt want to have to teach a man how to be a man, or how to satisfy her in the bedroom. As she stared on at the young man, she noticed that he seemed to be crossing the street to come into the bank. Her bank!
© Copyright 2008 Ladyblue (latwain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478447-Black-Diamond