*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478738-The-Girl-that-went-away
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1478738
About a girl who dies and how the person that loved her deals with it.
One small bite of this day, one chunk of luck. One more song and then you go to bed. Sleeping is the only time you feel comfort of the day. Take it in. Breathe it in. Make it worth its while. Sing the song you have stuck in our head, about the girl that won’t get out. Tell her that you love her and you’ll never forget.  Leave with one last glance, she will be ok.  She’ll remember the good and the better, only the light will get through.
She says ‘Ill be right back’, but never does.
She says ‘I’ll be right back’.  With her gone you feel hollow.  Can’t stand another day in this place, not another glance.  Not another noise to remind you of the room.  The room that fell before you as your eyes began to tear. You new this day would come. The day you couldn’t save her anymore. Can’t hold on.  The sleep is gone, the feeling. The relaxation that another bad day is over. It’s gone because you know they will never stop. She’s gone now, she’s gone. Gone to visit the ones who came before. The ones that are now so hard, it’s hard to tell their thoughts.  They miss the ones they love as I miss the girl who took my heart with her as she went down into the ground.  Afraid. As afraid as I am, as shaken by the thought of my downfall, I try to keep a light mind. Once my head gets filled with anger and hate, that’s when I loose the part I have left. That’s when I loose myself. Today is the day I live as if I have love left to give.
That’s when the rain comes.  To wash away what’s left, what’s around. Listen to the sounds around you. Soak it in like the sun. Like the moon.  Then today, a new day, a day when her smile will fill your head, and even though she’s not around, she’s inside. Inside your head, with every memory. Inside your skin with every touch. Inside your heart with every skipped beat.  She will look at you from such great heights, so great that the clouds have to strain their damp eyes. You’ll feel happy again, a new happy. An empty happiness that satisfies just enough of you to smile.
© Copyright 2008 Dilemma (havingadilemma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1478738-The-Girl-that-went-away