*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479189-My-Fathers-Enemy-is-my-One-True-Love-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Comedy · #1479189
Romeo and Juliet with involved Parents, meet Mr. Capulet
After class was over Sean  I went back to the Chemistry class and explained that I was dehydrated and I was now all better. The teacher told us that we would actually have to make up for it after school, which was fine with me... maybe. Unless I had to do um... errands after school. That sounded so sketchy, I know but maybe if it needs to be explained, I will explain later.

         The rest of the day went by as usual, I ate lunch with my friends Cody and Indiana, Sean smiled and waved at me at lunch too. Needless to say my friends were surprised. Cody was less than impressed and Indiana was all giggly. Cody didn’t go to high school anymore, he went to the university across the street but he still ate lunch with us because he was just that good of a friend. Well more like he is really good friends with my dad... But again the time to explain my father has not come yet.

         After school we completed the lab. “Do you want to go for some ice cream and we can find out how we know each other?” Sean asked. I smiled, He was so sweet and with every minute I spent with him, made my crush on him stronger, and more rational!

         “You are so nice Sean, how come people don’t walk all over you?” I asked with a flirty smile. The more time I spent with him I got more comfortable as well. Before he could answer my cell phone vibrated, I scrambled to pull it from the tiny pocket of my skinny jeans. It was a text message from my dad, but not our house phone... the other line. It was short and it read. “Meet me in the warehouse ASAP, The real thing this time.” I shivered, I knew what this meant. The warehouse is where my father did all of his inventing. But this isn’t the kind of ‘help the world’ kind of inventions. They were more like ‘TAKE OVER THE WORLD’ inventions. My father could be considered crazy, but really he believed that he knew how to run the world better than anyone else... maybe he could. I tried not to have an opinion about it but, he was my dad and no matter what I was on his side. “I can’t hang out right now... I have to run an errand for my dad” I said, it was the usual excuse.

         “Umm... some other time then?” He asked hopefully.

         “Of course!” I said with a huge grin. With that, I ran to the parking lot where I knew Cody would be waiting to take me to my fathers warehouse. Cody was one of my dad’s henchmen, it was pretty obvious... Cody was kind of twisted sometimes, something about him was just wrong, but mostly it was because he was burly and strong. I thought I saw Sean answer a cellphone as we pulled out of the parking lot.

         Now to explain my whole family situation. My father is Adam Fletcher, he is the editor of a successful magazine. He is also known as ‘Haze Falcon’ the super villain who so often terrorizes our city of Megalopolis. He is pretty good about keeping his weirdness away from the general public. Deep down inside he is not twisted - like the Joker over in Gotham. My father is a strong willed perfectionist, he wants to fix the world and goes about it all the wrong way, by destroying cities and threatening important people. Even though my father is a little deranged I still love him. He is a good father and he is always there to talk to me. He wants me to be happy and I think he is a good father. Of course I am his favorite out of four children, I am also the youngest and my mother’s least favorite. There is a reason for this, When my mother was pregnant with me he genetically enhanced the fetus - the fetus of me. So that the fetus of me would have super abilities, or super powers. It just so happens that this genetic enhancement worked! With my right hand I can generate heat up to one thousand degrees Celsius and with my left and can lower the temperature of anything to negative three hundred degree’s Celsius. Its a pretty fun power to have, I never use the microwave or oven to cook... At school I wear a special titanium mixture bracelet, it neutralizes my powers so people would never know that I am in fact, genetically enhanced.

         My mother was not too happy when she found that her little daughter was a quote, unquote freak. Ever since then their relationship has been rocky, My father’s crazy inventions put her on edge and as soon as she left and took my three older brothers with her, something in my dad snapped. It was like her presence was what kept him from wreaking his inventions and ideals on the world. As soon as she was gone he took on the identity ‘Haze Falcon’ and started to impose his presence on the city. He invited me to join with him, be his side kick. I agreed because he is my dad and I love him a lot. I’ve never killed anyone mostly what I am involved with is stealing machinery and other necessities for him to build things but recently one the Sovereign Defenders starting to be a stronger force, my father asked me to be there for the real deal and of course, I agreed.

         The Sovereign Defenders are the super-team of Megalopolis, it seems that they have gotten bigger since my father entered the super villain game. It started with Infinity Man, with the powers of invisibility and super strength. Infinity Man is probably the oldest and he is definitely the leader in his chrome colored spandex suit and black mask, boots and gloves. His white blonde-hair is almost silvery... super villains and heroes, they always seem to perfectly coordinate their look. Then there is Dawn, her colors are white and gold, her powers are Heat vision, She can also produce a light ten times brighter than the sun. The last member of the original group would be Sandstorm, she can control dirt, rocks and mud, like Terra, from Jump city. Sandstorm looks nothing like Terra though, from what I heard of her she might be from somewhere in south asia. Her colors are clay red and off white. Then the two new members are Frenzii and Northstar, They are the reason my father recruited me to the front lines. Frenzii is a boy from the Caribbean he is young, my father thought he couldn’t be much older than me. Frenzii seems to have to powers of super speed and sonic boom. He dresses in green and yellow. Finally there is Northstar, his colors are black and light blue. My father doesn’t know too much about his powers except that he has Telekinesis, my father is sure he has another ability but he doesn’t know what it is yet. Now, all the explaining is done.

         Cody and I arrived at the abandoned warehouse that my dad had commandeered. He smiled and rubbed his hands together when he saw me. He was already in his mask and weird black jacket. “Oh Aubrielle, I’m so glad you got here in time!” He said excitedly.

         I smiled at my father. “Am I supposed to do this without a cool costume or super name?” I asked jokingly.

         “Oh no, I’ve got that covered. I got you a super suit, its in the closet... You can change there and I think that a good name would be ... Gal Spark” He said with a toothy grin. I stared at my father, was he serious? Gal Spark? “And don’t worry You will know just what to do once everything starts, now hurry up!” he said gently pushing me away in the direction I assume my costume will be.

         “Cody, Go park your car somewhere inconspicuous and change into your uniform in the back, the others are already there.” I heard my father snap at Cody. Cody and I were the only ones who knew my father’s real identity. The other henchmen have never seen me, because before now I’ve been working behind the scenes as a cat burglar.

         I slipped into the closet and switched on the light. Inside there was nothing but a spandex outfit hung up on the back wall, it was burnt orange and light green. There was even a little mask hanging up with it, it was an orange opera mask. An opera mask, just like I’ve always wanted! I slipped into the suit and ran out to find my dad. “This is so cool dad!” I said twirling.

         My father laughed. “Remember to take off the titanium bracelet” He said quickly. I  took it off and put it in my dad’s bag. He had a bag that he took whenever he left his ‘bases’ so that the Sovereign defenders couldn’t capture him and he wouldn’t have to go back to the same place. “Okay so you go hid up in the rafters and only come down if you think you absolutely need to, and make a big entrance, that way they will be distracted.” My father said pointing up to a balcony in the rafters, it looked like hanging scaffolding.

         “Yeah but it’s not like I can fly down...” I said jaded.

         “Well, You’ve never tried.” My dad said slowly. “You can just freeze the air on the way down to make a slide... that’s big enough”

         “Okay that’s more reasonable” I laughed.

         “Well go on, the Defenders should be here any minute.” He said.

         I nodded seriously and climbed up into the rafters to sit on the scaffolding to wait, and see if they really needed me. I decided that I would go down and help if one of them fought with my dad, personally. I made myself comfortable by hanging my my feet over the edge and warming up my powers.

         I flexed the imaginary muscles that made the temperature change in my hands. My right hand grew hot, it wasn’t uncomfortable but she knew the temperature was rising and her skin began to turn red. I let the temperature lower to normal and did the same thing with my other hand, lowering the temperature to below freezing, my skin started to tint purple. Suddenly there was a crash and I knew the Defenders were here.
© Copyright 2008 adriennestuff (adrienne_92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479189-My-Fathers-Enemy-is-my-One-True-Love-2