*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479218-Connected
Rated: GC · Letter/Memo · Spiritual · #1479218
How we meet our need for love when we are cut from the source……..!
 
A dog mother lying on the Railway platform, a pup suckling and eleven boys age below seven years surrounding them and watching. I stood there and watched the scene; what was so catchy, what held my attention……

I had gone to the station to put my mother on the Neelachal Express as she was going to Lucknow.
The railway station was very crowded and there was hardly any space to sit; with great difficulty I was able to find a suitable place to make MA (mother) comfortable and sit and I started walking down the platform. It is now that I saw the bitch, the suckling pups and the boys.

Lean thin boys, with shorts on and a dirty shirt / t- shirt on them and little brooms hardly a foot long in their hands which gave away the details of their means of earning livelyhood. Most of the boys that move in trains and sweep the compartment later ask for money live on the platform; if not all, most for some reason have left their families running away from home.  The group sitting in front of me could well be placed in this category. None of them were speaking a word, there was a deafening silence with all the noise and chaos around.

To me it seemed that each saw their mother in the bitch and themselves in the pup.
How we meet our need for love when we are cut from the source……..!


© Copyright 2008 dpswamiji (dpswamiji at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1479218-Connected