*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480139-Uptown-Academy--Episode-1
Rated: · Serial · Comedy · #1480139
Look at the Backround Knowledge for more info in this serial! Enjoy!
Scene 1

(SASHA and LIBBY are in SASHA'S room. The room has a pink girly-girl theme. There is a wardrobe filled with outfits, make-up, and mirrors. Typical girly-girl.)
SASHA: You know Libby, I have a feeling Uptown Academy is going to be great.
LIBBY: Well duh! I mean come on, it has a movie theater, the computer lab is ginormous, there are three pools, the library is stacked with, like, the awesomest books EVER, and- okay, there's a lot. Not to mention the amount of cute guys there are!
SASHA: Libby, will you every get rid of your boy-craziness? (Shakes head and smiled) I didn't think so really. Anyway, you have all that fancy stuff. I had to earn it. Seriously, getting a scholarship is NOT easy!
LIBBY: Don't show off. (Scowls.) And stop calling me boy-crazy. It's not my fault that you can't tell the difference between a girl and a boy.
SASHA: That is, SO not true.
LIBBY: (Singing) Oh, come on. When everybody used to play with their Barbie dolls, you covered them in red paint, 'trying to turn them into Red Indians.' Face it, Sasha. You're a girl at brain, boy at heart. It's sad, really.
SASHA: Whatev. Anyway, I can't wait until the school orientation tomorrow. (Jumps excitedly.) They're passing out the handbooks!
(LIBBY groans and throws a pillow at SASHA. Both of them dissolve into giggles."

Scene 2

(Everybody is gathered in the hall of Uptown. The school is made of marble and semi-gems. Everybody seems to be rich and gorgeus. SASHA and LIBBY huddle together.)
LIBBY: Whew! Thank goodness you borrowed MY clothes! Otherwise you would have looked as if you were auditioning for a part in 'The Flipped-Out Jeans' Ha-ha!
SASHA: Any more comments like that and you got yourself a part in 'The Only Thing Bigger Than My Mouth is London'. What do you think about THAT!
(LIBBY groans and finds a place for both of them to sit. PRINCIPAL JONAS walks onto the mini-stage and taps the microphone.)
PRINCIPAL JONAS: For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Principal Jonas. That's right, Jonas, but I am NOT related to the music chart-topping brothers. But I could do with a little more reverance. ANYWAY, welcome to the Uptown Academy orientat- Excuse me young lady, WHAT are you WEARING?
(Points to a girl in the crowd. The girl is wearing a glitsy tank top and short denim shorts.)
PRINCIPAL JONAS: Yes YOU! Let me start off with the school dress code. It's simple and easy. NO straps, and you do not wear anything below the knees. Understood. Good. Because you don't want to have shorts that are so short that they are not even shorts! Moving on.......
(PRINCIPAL JONAS begins a big speech, check orientation speeches, this one takes 45 min, and LIBBY and SASHA make fun of PRINCIPAL JONAS. You make up your own dialogue. and when finally finishes announces,)
PRINCIPAL JONAS: Now, we have a few older students taking you on a tour of the building. Now, Miss Joanna will pass out the papers with your schedules. I will seperate you into your groups. Kapeesh? Thank you.
(PRINCIPAL JONAS seperates crowd into groups. Everyone exits into the school.)

Scene 3

( Lunch time in Uptown Academy. The cafeteria is buzzing with students. SASHA and LIBBY sit at a table filled with a bunch of nice-looking girls)
SASHA: Hi everyone! My name is Sasha, and this is my best friend, Libby.
ZOEY: Oh, you're new, right?
LIBBY: Uh-huh
ZOEY: Then you probably don't know that we are the Specials, and if you want to sit here you have to EARN your way in, and you don't just PLOP into the seat like that!
(LIBBY and SASHA look shocked, and they shift to the next table which is filled with pretty girls too, but they look nice.)
SANDY: I guess you experienced a bit of Mean Zoey, there.
LIBBY: A BIT? She was turning full blast on us!
MELODY: Nah, she was actually in a super-good mood. You should see her when she's REALLY mean. Obviously, you're new. I'm Melody Moss.
SANDY: And I'm Sandy Fisher. Yeah, yeah, I know. My last name's weird. So heck. I know a girl whose last name is DaBooty. Embarassing, right?
SASHA: That's, I don't know what to say!
MELODY: Let me tell you. You DON'T want to get on Zoey's bad side. Seriously you don't know her like we do. Ugh. Just keep out of her way, and do as she says. But be brave. Just don't insult her or seem like a suck-up, or there's no way she'll be YOUR friend. And trust me, if you seriously want to be part of their group, ask me. I actually used to be really good friends with her. A long, long, long, long, infinity long time ago. Ha!

Scene 4

(Girls are having a sleepover, and the lights are out. SASHA and LIBBY are in their sleeping bags.)
SASHA: Melody and Sandy seemed really nice. I think we're going to be good friends!
LIBBY: Except, that GIRL, Zoey! SHe's so like.......remember Tanya Parker in our old school?
SASHA: (Giggles.) Who wouldn't? No one, that's who!
LIBBY: Yeah, maybe their, like, lost twins or something. Except Zoey is much prettier. Everybody at Uptown Academy is!
SASHA: I know, right? (sighs) Everything is so......well....like Dreamland! And I don't know HOW I'll fit in.
LIBBY: You will. After all, you have me to make you popular, right?
SASHA: Oh, yeah, right! And you're the Queen of Popular, right?
LIBBY: Right.
(Both of them laugh and eventually go to sleep. End of Episode 1.)
© Copyright 2008 Miss. Ada (writersmadam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480139-Uptown-Academy--Episode-1