*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480157-Wonders-of-the-human-tears
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1480157
We weep when we are heartbroken We cry when things turn out in a bad way We shed tears..
We weep, when we are heartbroken

We cry, when we things turn out in a bad way

We sob, when we are reading a love novel

We shed tears, when our love ones left us.

We may drop tears for many different reason, but do you know that these tears are actually beneficial to us? Do you know that crying is an action that ONLY we, as human beings, are capable of; unlike animal who only use to moisturizes its eye?

“Just cry, it will make you feel a lot better”

I believe that some point of your life, someone would have said the above statement to you. Ever wonder how it really makes you feel better? Well, researches have proved that emotional tears( tears that you shed when feeling stressed) tears actually remove “stress hormones from the body.

This is a vital finding since we know stress hormones cause damage to our body. During the last decade, stress hormones have been shown to cause serious damage to brain cells. Stress hormones have seem to target specific parts of the brain including the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and pre-frontal cortex. Moreover, extensive biomedical studies showed that stress hormones negatively affect literally every system in the body including the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endocrine, musculoskeletal, and immune systems.

It is evident that crying is a very good way of eradicating harmful stress hormones in our body. Thus promising us a healthier, better and also happier life.

Crying is most probably the easiest and best way to release emotional pain. When medieval France warrior- Roland died, 20,000 other knights wept so profusely they fainted and fell from their horses. Later, in the 16th century, sobbing openly at a play, opera or symphony was considered the norm for men and women alike.

However, modern society suggest otherwise. Crying mostly happened behind close doors as it is deemed unsightly for one to cry in public. Maybe, as time move on, human may evolve to an extend where we don’t tear anymore…

www.heartfeltmoment.com
share the moments
spread the love
© Copyright 2008 saint_iori (saint_iori at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480157-Wonders-of-the-human-tears