*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480762-Power-of-Technology-in-Real-Estate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Business · #1480762
Describe the changing face of real estate today.New Smyrna Beach and Daytona Beach
The power of technology in the real estate marketplace is quickly evolving. In order to be competitive in today’s marketplace, an real estate professional must do more than convey his knowledge of real estate law, home pricing, and sales skills. More and more, today’s agents are dependant on technology in all facets of the business. Those who do not keep up with the times, will find that there markets have left them.

Contact management, Time management, Communication, Internet. These are some of the most important factors in Real Estate today. GET THEM RIGHT ! These are not items to be skimped on. With the number of short cuts available for things today, it is possible to do 10 times the work in the same amount of time and money.

It takes time to learn something new. But that is what technology is. It is new things brought to an old job. Of course it takes time and it is harder at first. But once you get it right, it only gets easier.

A good example of this is a PDA. At first it does not seem natural and is very difficult to get used to. In the beginning it is a chore to jot down these names and numbers on that electronic keypad. And marking events in your electronic schedule is also time consuming at the start. Often you will find yourself saying things like, “This isn’t how we learned to write.” or “It would be so much easier to do it the old way”. But after some practice, it does get easier. And today, I am proud to say that I have 1,000+ contacts in my PDA. I can look up any contractor, agent, street address, current or past client in 60 seconds. WOW !!! Phones numbers, addresses, notes…Its all there in the palm of my hand.

Don’t underestimate the power of the internet. I have watched many agents be left behind because of they were not willing to adapt to the changing marketplace. With more and more buyers going to the internet for their home search, having a top notch website is priority #1. The trick is to get them from there computer to in your office. The transfer from internet to professional help is a precarious process to be addressed in a separate discussion. But a top internet presence and some good communication skills are the only tools you need to jump on in.

You better be quick and play it smart. With the internet, buyers and sellers are becoming much more educated. Since they have access to all the homes available on the internet, they have a craving for information immediately. They are empowered in this process of buying a home and don’t need to wait on anyone. After all they are just a click away from another 1,000 agents who would love their business. It is difficult communicate to them that the internet is a great tool but that they should have a professional to guide them through the process.

Adam Scott is Broker/Owner of Adam Scott Realty, LLC. He is a master of marketing and selling Real Estate. He has assembled one of the top selling teams in the very competitive Central Florida Real Estate market. Using 21st century Real Estate skills, his technical savvy and business relationships have enabled him to close several million dollars in transactions
http://www.AdamScottRealty.com
http://www.EastVolusiaRealEstate.com
© Copyright 2008 Adam Scott (adamwscott at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1480762-Power-of-Technology-in-Real-Estate