*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1481583-Project-blogging
Rated: E · Editorial · Writing · #1481583
What do I need to work on?
I'm sorry to say, but one frustrating feature of this website is the restrictions placed on the free membership such as the denied access to blogging which is one avenue I would like to explore in a writing community. Obviously I know, however, that this is designed to encourage members to upgrade the package, something I am not yet ready to do.

The problem I am currently facing is that of choosing an idea/project to pursue and commit to. Several ideas are bouncing around this head of mine and it has become apparent that the biggest obstacle is the actual writing itself, putting pen to proverbial paper.

The ideas I have conceived vary in style, genre and format and involve a screeplay or two, a dark comedy novel, a sitcom series and a radio script. Eventually I would like to lean toward scriptwriting in my writing career but I was wondering whether it might be easier to start with straight prose and hone my writing before tackling script projects. I hope to hear your opinions on the matter as I would value any direction you may provide.

Also, if you are reading this and have yourself written any work tending toward the darkly comic I would love to know how you approached it. I am concerned that my own style may be too Douglas Adamsy (not necessarily a bad thing mind) and be too focused on the comedy and the ridiculous than actually telling the story. In other words, how do you make dark comedy subtle?
© Copyright 2008 Thomas Cox (bones8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1481583-Project-blogging