*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482610-There-is-Beauty-in-Everything
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1482610
Beauty is all around us...
There is beauty in everything…


In the incessant raindrops that fall during summer months and in the dieing leaf that falls slowly from grace, dancing elegantly through the air as the wind and rain play its last song before the final bow. There is beauty in the lightning that illuminates the calm city streets and its dark silhouette in the night before the thunder ruptures the peaceful ambience to create something so intoxicating that pedestrians stop to devour the surrounding scents and sounds. In the reassuring reverberation of passing cars and conversations, reminding you that you are not alone. And the scent of the cool wind as it brushes past my nose and sweeps back my hair, the scent of freedom and grace.  Beauty lies with the baby who’s newly found curiosity lights up your face and your heart. As it reaches for anything and everything, adding every sound and smell to its vocabulary. The curiosity that many of us lose as we mature, the curiosity we lose like a set of keys or that one sock that seemed to vanish into oblivion, the curiosity that one day disappears and although you spend time searching for it, you quickly give up hope and learn to cherish the time you spent with it.  There is beauty in the baby and what it represents. The thought and fantasy that one day you may have your own child to raise, a life to raise and watch grow before your very eyes; a precious gift that some abuse and take advantage of.


There is beauty in the clouded sky above me. The black and grey clouds cast a shadow over the streets but as they slowly move with time, reveal a piercing blue sky that although at some point may be masked, is always there. Even in the darkest of times, light is always there just waiting for its time to shine through. Beauty lies within the grass, the rushing river and the fish that swim rapidly through its current. There is beauty in the soft sand that slips between your fingers as you grasp it. There is beauty in the crashing waves of the cobalt sea as the tides creeps closer to shore. There is beauty in the evergreen hills and treetops. There is beauty in the mountains, in the crisp air that fills your lungs as you take your first breath from its summit and the birds-eye view from the amazing life that continues below.

Yet, in the midst of all this astonishing beauty, these breathtaking views, I find the most beauty in you.
© Copyright 2008 KCHalliwell (kchalliwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482610-There-is-Beauty-in-Everything