*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482694-Venomous
Rated: E · Poetry · Dark · #1482694
A poem about a harsh rejection.
Watch me freeze in my state, left here to deteriorate slowly, leaving behind venomous reality that stings like the afterburn of a thousand knives, peircing the heart in fast movements. Watch me writhe in my immense pain, staring past me into my broken soul, watching it go with me. Start to walk away, as you realize I'm no good, just another life to steal, another heart to break. The pain is filling in the wounded gaps in my heart, as I gasp for breath. I try to pull myself together, put on a show, but the act is inevvetable. I'm a see through mirror. No shield, just an open book to everyone unwelcome. My pain seeps out of my body, spreads into my life. It's no longer one problem, it's revoked all my happiness and joy, and replaced it with flaring poison, and harsh emptiness. I think over my heartache, time and time again, trying to find a secret way out, a loophole through the lashing pain. There is none. I'm left here to die slowly, living forever. To gag on my misery. You come sauntering back, to watch my last minutes, to force back the smile that you can't withhold. My pain is your amusement, there's nothing to keep you back from not caring. I'm just some person, some person who thought big of a little situation. Made it her own problem, with the aid of your deviousness. Now I'm lost in a sea of insanity with no rescue, drowing in my fears of life, there's no escape, no death pardon. You were my lifejacket, now limp and deflated in amusement, not sorrow, as you watch me cry, cry for you, because of you. You caused my pain, now take it away. Take away my life, take away the unbearable, seering pain. Take away the sting of your rejection, and replace it with darkness and death. All I ask of you is to end the sorrow and mourning. Put me somewhere where I am untouchable. Somewhere where you can never break my shattered heart again.
© Copyright 2008 ElectricSurge (electricsurge at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482694-Venomous