*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482810-Artistic-Revenge
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1482810
word list and entry for Tangent Contest
Word List:(The Words on the Virtual Dice Roll)
1-hungry 2-artistic 3-erotic 4-sleepy 5-angry 6-depressed 7-excited 8-vengeful 9-oblivious 10-reckless
11-enthralled 12-amused 13-smug 14-annoyed 15-bitter 16-creative 17-malaise 18-optimistic 19-inspired
20-impressed 21-hysterical 22-peaceful 23-rejected 24-surprised 25-guilty...

Artistic Revenge

Stacy sat at her kitchen table, just as she had for the past three days.Although she wouldn't admit it to anyone else, she knew she was depressed. Ever since Steven had told her he wanted a divorce, she had been moping around the house.

She hadn't eaten, hadn't bathed and she knew she was getting further behind on her work. She couldn't seem to muster up any enthusiasm to do anything

Steven had taken all his belongings with him. As he left he had told her he knew that her artistic talent was because of him. He also said that without him she would be nothing or could do nothing.

Those words had cut deep into her confidence. The more she thought about it, the madder she became. She finally realized that this was exactly what Steven wanted. She wasn't about to let him think that he was all that.

She finally made her way to the bathroom and took a shower. After eating some soup, she made her way to her workshop. She had alot of work to do and she was eager to begin working on some new ideas for her next show.

Stacy knew that her agent would be thrilled. He had called and told her that there had been some interest expressed about her doing a show on The Human Body with a slant towards sexuality. Stacy had been hesitant to try something so risque, but the ideas from her erotic imagination were helping her create some lifelike pieces.

Stacy knew that Steven would probably be livid when he saw his likeness displayed for everyone to see. She knew that Steven had assumed she would get hysterical when he had left. Her final piece for the show would let him see how wrong he was. She became amused when she imagined how Steven would react.

Stacy was optimistic that Steven would realize he had made a judgment in error. Her creative juices didn't flow because of him; and this would shut him up and put him in his place. Although, his spiteful words had given her an extra boost of creativity.

Six months later and it was opening night. Stacy stood off to the side of the showroom with a smug look on her face. Comments about her show pieces had been very favorable. Her vengeful atttitude, thanks to Steven, seemed to be working in her favor.

With the smug look still in place, Stacy noticed Steven and his new woman walk in. She had had an invitation personally delivered to him. After all, her plan wouldn't work without him being present.

Stacy was surprised when Steven approached her. "I didn't think you were coming." she said.

Steven replied,"We almost didn't, but I wanted to see failure appear close up."

Stacy spoke,"Well, look around you, failure isn't in here. Excuse me."

Deep down, Steven was seething because he had assumed Stacy would fail without him. He would never admit it to anyone, but it seemed to him that she was more artistic than he even realized. He decided to introduce Melany to Stacy. He was hoping by doing this that he could undermine her confidence and ruin the show.

Stacy didn't react the way Steven assumed she would. She was very cordial to both of them. She even wished them good luck when Steven pretended to accidentally mention their plans of marriage as soon as the divorce was final.

Stacy felt almost hungry to put Steven in his place. The ache felt like what she imagined a starving woman would experience when she really wanted something to eat. She knew Steven would try anything to bring her down and that look of confusion on his face was almost comical.

A peaceful feeling descended upon Stacy and she knew that now was the time. She stepped up to the podium and began to speak,"May I have your attention please? First of all I want to thank everyone for being here tonight, Secondly, I want to unveil, the piece de resistance. I'm not going to mention any names, but each piece seen here tonight was inspired by someone whom I have met along the way. This piece is extra special and I wanted the inspiration for this piece to know that I have captured them in every small, fine detail."

As the sheet was lifted off the sculpture, Stacy couldn't help but look at Steven. She could tell that he recognized himself on display in front of everyone in the room. No one mentioned his name but after looking at the sculpture, they would sneak a glance at Steven.

The look on Steven's face was priceless. Stacy was optimistic that Steven would now realize, who was talented and who had made a big mistake.

The peaceful feeling she felt earlier was back. As she watched everyone examine the sculpture, especially below the waist, she would almost swear that she heard some of them snickering.

Stacy assumed the smug look as Steven glanced at her one more time before he rushed Melany from the room.For a moment, she had almost felt guilty. Then she thought about all of Steven's putdowns about her career and those feelings went away. She felt like he got exactly what he deserved.

After the show, Stacy's agent was ecstatic.He had told her that every piece in her collection had an offer made on it. Surprisingly, someone even wanted to buy Tiny Man.

Success felt wonderful. With such a great show to boost her reputation, Stacy was optimistic that her career would continue to flourish.

My word list after die roll:(Words that I had to use in creating a story)
1-depressed,2-artistic,3-erotic,4-hysterical,5-amused,6-optimistic,7-creative,8-smug,9-vengeful,10-smug,11-surprised,12-artistic,13-hungry,14-peaceful,15-inspired,16-optimistic,17-peaceful,18-smug,19-guilty,20-optimistic





© Copyright 2008 kattwoman (katriona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1482810-Artistic-Revenge