*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483078-Finally-someone-tossed-a-coin-for-me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Romance/Love · #1483078
It was a school test!
Write a story based on “… finally someone tossed a coin on the pavement for me”…

“I’m still not done yet,” hardly able to move, I fell down in front of the shrine, exhausted and tired. “I want more,” my body was full of scratches, patches and bruises – bleeding here and there – and my uniform was torn and ruffled all over. Unable to continue anymore, I fell asleep leaning against the shrine statue.

My heart was blank – completely empty, thus, the reason I force myself to become like that. Only battles – physical pain and the pure entertainment of hurting others and hearing them cry in agony and beg at my feet for my mercy – were able to refill the emptiness of my battle-thirst, insatiable heart. Why was I so empty that I needed to fight more people even if I just came from beating a whole gang of ten into a pulp? It is rather simple. When does a boy of my age feel so much deserted anyway? When does a boy of my age feel so much frustration that he would want to rampage his frustration at anyone in front of him anyway?

I … was dumped – or that is how I took it. After cleansing all my impure characteristics; after spending half a year  after a girl; after trying so much hard; what did I accomplish? Nothing… I ended up handing over the girl I love to the man she loves, thinking her happiness would be my happiness as well. Then what was this sadness inside me? What was this pain in my heart? It felt as if my heart was pierced through the center. All was lost. Why? Was it the fact that I never even confessed? Was it that I lacked devotion? Peacefully sleeping and refilling my batteries for another round, I had completely no idea.

When I woke up, I thought I saw an angel standing in front of me, blocking the radiant sun with her head. Her right hand was open and calling for me as if she were offering me to take her hand. But I knew who it was. I slapped off her hand rudely and she flinched back a few steps behind, flabbergasted and terrified at the ugliness of my behavior.

“Leave me alone!” I recklessly shouted at her. “Why do you always show up in these times? Huh?” I kept mocking her. But she remained silent, looking down – probably waiting for me to run out of energy again. Luckily, that was not the case.

“It’s painful, isn’t it?” she finally spoke out amidst all the filth I was spitting at her. “The fact that the person you love doesn’t know that you love her… it’s really painful, isn’t it?”

“What do you know about it anyway?” and there I was again – I was out of control. “Oh yeah!” now with an insulting tone, I began. “I’ve seen you turning at least one or two boys down each and every day. Huh! You may be a rich girl or whatever but you’re just a cheap girl with cheap feelings. Like I’d ever… Hey!” She slapped me and maybe, just maybe, I thought I saw a sparkle rolling down her cheeks.

“You’re the cheap one, you idiot!” with a thunderous roar along with the clouds up in the sky that started blocking the sun, she began – and again, with another slap. “Don’t you know why I had been rejecting all the other guys?” another slap landed on my right cheek. “Don’t you know why I never go out with other guys?” another one bombarded, this time, on my left cheek. “Don’t you know why I had been sticking to you since we met in kindergarten?” A slap on the right! “Are you this much retarded?” A slap on the left! “Are you this big of an idiot?” Finally, she grew of slapping me and crying like I had never seen her cry before, she fell on my chest, gripping my shirt and making it wet with tears coming from her heart. “Don’t be an idiot,” sobbing from the very depths of her heart, she pleaded. “Don’t fight so recklessly.”

My eyes turned considerate due to this new sensation I felt in my heart. Cathy was the first friend of the idiot and deviant me. She was the first friend I ever had. Still, as she said, she had feelings for me since then which I did not even notice. Come to think of it, the fog was clearing as I recalled all the ways in which she wanted to convey her feelings to me again and again, only to be unintentionally neglected or misunderstood by me again and again.

Even though I never noticed, she continued to try her best; she continued to pursue my happiness. And you know what? After more than ten years of continuous heartfelt attempts, she was still standing with full vigor, determined to keep trying, and I had already fallen after one failed attempt. I was weak; but she… she was strong.

When I was falling into the very depths of oblivion again; when I was going back to being lonely and neglected again; one girl finally offered me a warm welcoming hand – warm with feelings, and pulled me back into the beautiful world of light from the bottomless pits of darkness. When I was becoming the poor old me again, finally, someone tossed a coin on the pavement for me. Though hesitant to take it initially, I found love and life when I accepted it.

I hugged her as close to my heart as possible to let her feel the warmth of my heart, with which diffused out my exploding feelings for her.

“Thank you, Cathy…!”


Word Count: 944
Marks Obtained: 30 / 35
Teacher’s Comments: Excellent!
© Copyright 2008 Daiveon the Great (d41v30n at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483078-Finally-someone-tossed-a-coin-for-me