*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483842-Of-Wolf-and-Man-version-1-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Occult · #1483842
Micheal Castleman's just you average guy, except the fact that he's a werewolf.
         It was early October and the seasons change was well underway in the low country of South Carolina.  Micheal was out for an afternoon run through the forest, the pads of his paws barely making a sound as he raced between the trees.  The sents of the wild asialed him as he ran, the smell of the trees, the wildlife  the leather seats of his best friends doge.  The new scent caught his attention  and he wheeled around and bolted back to the spot where he had left his clothes.  As he sped a gust from the north brought the scent of a family of deer, which he made a mental note to hunt later.
         He stopped just shy of the clearing where his family home was built and slowly shifted to his two legged form, letting the grey fur slowly disentigrate from his body.  His blue flannel shirt and blue jeans lay by a large oak just as he had left them, he could see the end of the drive and black pickup turning beside his workshop headed for the house.  As he dressed he registered the scents of the trucks passengers.  Inscense and sherry meant that Simon was in the passenger seat opting for the contours of the nice leather interior as opposed to rips and tears in his old van.  The second scent was practicly putrid to him, but the years of friendship had helped get over the stench of his best freind Afriag.  He never could tell what cause the smell to offend him so, but it seemed to follow Afriag’s entire family like  a dark cloud.  Even Afriag’s youngest brother Micheal had a small hint of the smell. 
         Micheal finished getting dressed then walked around to the front of the house, Afriag’s had parked directly behind his camero, meaning he wanted to drive.  He was leaned ag1anst the roof of Micheal’s car his jacket thrown over his shoulder. He was wearing his typical emsemble black jeans and a button down black shirt. He always left the top few buttons open revealing the defined line of his chest.  He had on a freshly shine pair of Harley Davidson boots that gleamed in the late afternoon sun.  His squared jaw was showing signs of five o’clock shadow, which only broght attention to the scar under his left eye.  His blue eyes shone like sapphires, another thing Micheal found unusual about him. At six foot six He was a match to Micheal human size and stature, save for maybe two inches shorter, and his long hair was pulled into a pony tail which he had drape across his shoulder. He put a cigarette to his lips and lit it before taking a deep pull and finaly blowing out rings of smoke, which clustered around Simon’s head.
         Simon was pracactily the opposite of his two friends.  He was maybe 5’3 on his tip toes, had short almost crew cut hair and pale skin.  If he had any muscle definition it was in his forearm from all the books he constantly carried around.  His glasses obscured what might have been very nice brown eyes almost making him look like a cartoon character, instead of a real person.  He tried in his wardrobe to break the obvious nerd persona he fell into wearing some beat up Vans brown courdaroy pants and an off-white polo.  It didn’t work. He cough and sputter as the smoke enveloped him, distracting him from whatever arcane lore he was reading at the time.  He began flailing his hand wildly to try and clear the air triped over a floor jack Micheal had left lying in the yard and began to fall end over end onto the grass before Afriag caught him by his colar.

        *********************************************************************************
Incompete I know, and I'm probably gonna scrap it but I had to see if anyone like it at all.
© Copyright 2008 Jonathan Phoinex (john_phoinex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1483842-Of-Wolf-and-Man-version-1-Chapter-1